Notices

I'm still around

Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I'm still around

Hey guys,
Yes, I'm still here, reading, sometimes posting, just not as much as before.
I've been doing good, trying to moderate my drinking, like I'm sure the rest of the alkies here have tried to do at one time or another. How's it going? Well, its been fine for a bit....then I decided to drink the other night, and I went too far, yada yada. Wasted the whole next day.
The reason for my post is to tell everyone that I'm alive (lol) and I've been OK (somewhat) and that I'm still in the process of figuring out the route I'd like to take with this thing.
Honestly, my stress level is immense, and although its not an excuse, it can be overwhelming sometimes. I can say that I have improved significantly from the daily drinker that I had become. I am still trying to cut alcohol out of my life.
But, I know there are many people who drop off the face of SR never to be seen again, and I didnt want to be one of those people, since SR has been a wonderful resource for me. Thanks to all who will read and comment this. I wish the best to everyone struggling with this awful addiction.
xoxo, Julez
Old 10-24-2010, 07:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Julez!

I'm still here also.... I've disappeared for a while and not because I went on a bender or anything. I just got caught up with daily life of survival and now that I'm in between jobs, I have some time to burn.

The next time you want to pick up that drink, you must remind yourself that it will lead to nowhere but regret and a hangover the next day.

I can vouch for the stress and depression leading to drinking. For years I thought drinking would cover up my pain and problems, but I was so wrong - the alcohol only made my issues worse.

We're here for you!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Julez Glad you're still here posting and reading
Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad to hear you're still working on it, julez. I thought for years that I might "win" the moderation game if I just worked a little harder at it. But there were those days when I just didn't feel like working at it, ya know? Or chose to reward myself (with alcohol, of course!) as a reward for all that work. Needless to say, I was doing nothing to address the obsession.....

I hope things go better with you soon. And if they don't, that you'll choose to take the sober route. If we can do it, you can too!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
xuse

Me too me too
Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Julez
We all have our journeys and I wish you well with yours.

About stress though...

I've been ill for a while with stomach issues, and I had some heavy duty test results waiting for the last half week or so.

I'm not good with waiting, or worrying - apart from drink related illness I've rarely been sick, and I find I can really stress about my health now that I really value my life, y'know?

In my old life I would have tried to drank that worry away, I would have failed, and I would have certainly done more damage to myself and my relationships.

Now...I had to deal with that stress without drinking - it wasn't easy, I think I drove Mrs Dee mad at times - but I came through it sober...and I learnt some stuff with it.

Whether you drink or not, and why is up to you, Julez, but drinkings not a solution - to anything, and I think we both know that.

D
Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^^^^^ what he said...
Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Julez,

Glad you checked in with us. I did the "moderation" thing for four and a half years, and it didn't work out so well. I really think that once we reach a certain point, there's no going back.

Just don't continue the experiment indefinitely if you continue to have problems. I stuck with it WAY too long because I wasn't being honest with myself. SOMETIMES I could control it--for brief periods, but not reliably or on a consistent basis. And I found myself getting more and more depressed.

Best of luck!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

************************{julez}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie!

I know you have had a lot to deal with lately! Be happy, beautiful! Take some time for you. .. .

I love you!