Surrender

Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Surrender

Sometimes I'm out there fighting life with both fists up, and don't even realize it.

This semester it has been one health issue after another, Amber moving back in, and Friday my DSL modem took a crap on me.

My Comp II instructor suggested I drop the class and retake next semester, which I was considering an extra semester anyway.

Even though I was behind in my classes, I was determined to stick it out.

Then the DSL modem went out, and I've been without internet till about 30 minutes ago. I think that was a God thing to get my attention.

It's a 40 mile drive to Wichita to Best Buy for another modem.

Factor in that I had some irritating software on the computer, thanks to Microsoft, that was preventing me from configuring my new modem.

Two frustrating days of calls to tech support over in India somewhere, finally locating the source of the problem, uninstalling the worthless software, another call to tech support, and I'm back online.

I'll deal with being put on academic probation because of the drop from Comp II.

I'm exhausted, in every sense of the word.

I also had to go pick up my new glasses yesterday, in Hutchinson after driving to Wichita, so it was 100 miles drive for me.

I'm not Superwoman, so I put my cape away today.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One word solution -- Surrender. Well put, Freedom. Amen to that.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Dev))))

Amen, my friend.

Give IN.
But Never Give UP.

Alice
Old 10-24-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks ladies. To top things off, I'm relatively sure I am getting what Amber was so sick with for 2 weeks. I did manage to get out and buy 3 1/2 cases of pop, and a slew of candy for my AA group (I'm treasurer, so I keep up with the supplies). I set the pop just inside the front door on the steps (it's 22 steep steps up to the meeting hall), called one of our regulars who opens up to let him know the pop is ours as there is also a dance class center there.

I'm going to lay down for the evening. I've alternately had the sweats/chills, am dizzy, and my bones ache. Homework can wait another day.