Notices

day 5/6 no drinking

Old 10-23-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5/6 no drinking

its day 6 no drinking, am finding it realy hard tonight,feel so down!
so need a good nights sleep, :-(
Old 10-23-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kev Stick with it mate I don't know your history but I have just returned here read my post I have just left to get an understanding that if you don't stop it will catch you out. good luck Kev, don't have that first drink!! good luck
Old 10-23-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the best recovery site everywhere! Glad you've stopped drinking. Do you have any support from anywhere? Family, friends, counseling, recovery group?

It's often difficult in early recovery but you've got to hang in there and stay sober one day at a time. It does get better, I promise.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks guys,
just finding so hard at the mo, am doing by myself realy, long story!
been brinking for meany years, have been here before got to 8 weeks with no drinking and told myself i could be a now and again drinker............lol
soon was back to my old drinking habits ( sorry about my speeling)
Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kev,

You can get through this!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dismember

Good luck!

The sleep issues are for me one of the hardest things to deal with. I'd gotten almost no sleep at all the past five nights, 1-2 hours maybe. Last night it just happened.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kev

I hope you get some sleep tonight - it is hard for most of us I think in that respect, and in the mood swings too, but it does get better

lean on us when you need to
D
Old 10-23-2010, 11:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks guys,
got 4 hours sleep last night, and i am a happy bunny this morning, it realy is a bumpy up and down roller coster ride! going to go to the gym to day.
once again thankyou for your help and support, i am feeling so positive about things today :-)
Old 10-24-2010, 01:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Welcome kev, and thanks for joining us! Glad you were able to get a few hours of sleep. Going to the gym is a great idea. It burns off energy that can keep you awake, kills time in your day when you may want a drink, obviously is beneficial for your health and body, and getting into a routine can give you something to focus on other than alcohol.

Try to keep that positive attitude. Sometimes that really is the only thing that gets me through the day. I could literally feel like the whole world is throwing things at me from every angle, but then I have to check my attitude and possibly even change it. When I feel like I'm catching it from all sides, I just have to think that it's not what happens to me but how I react to and deal with it that matters. Life plain old sucks sometimes, but it never sucks so bad that alcohol can't make it worse.

Thanks for being here. There are a ton of wonderful people here with great insight and experience to share with you. Hope you stay a while!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey kev, I found the lack of sleep awful.
Something that helped; one day I was giving out about it to my therapist (you know...it's so unfair...etc). She looked straight at me and said "sazza, nobody ever died from a lack of sleep"

A bit harsh I felt at the time, but those words kept me going at night when I'd log on here instead of having a drink so I could get some goddamn sleep!

The best of luck to you and remember after a while you'll be sleeping all night.

Last edited by sazza; 10-24-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling