thank you.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thank you.

Wow, light bulb moment for me...I was just praying for some clarity, and wow!!

Just reading the thread about the gf who is having problems with her AA meetings, and NYC Chick said something so simple and so powerful.

Thank you, NYC Chick.

My exabf went to AA for the first time when I said I wouldn't move in unless he got help.

Then when I moved out because he was drinking and sneaking (while going to AA meetings regularly btw), he went back to AA, this time he meant it. Seemed to be really working hard at recovery, until I felt comfortable enough to see him again.

When I ended our relationship again because nothing was different ( except for the lack of alcohol ), he has now "completely committed to recovery".

Never once has he done anything without some other motive. And that will never work will it?

Thank you NYC Chick. Thank you all. I get so much from this forum. And I do appreciate it.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm happy I said something that helped you today : ). If you read my prior posts, you will see my history, but long story short. I found put about xabf's alcoholism and for six months left and went back each time he said he was sober and working a program. Then I ended it, but allowed him to string me along for another year with more promises. I finally decided I was worth more than that. You definitely are too! Hugs : )
Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Its wonderful when you start seeing the patterns..
Well, it sucks at first, but afterwards once it sinks in, it gets better.