Notices

the unknown starting suboxone

Old 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the unknown starting suboxone

hi everyone,
i have been on methadone for 16 months 70 mgs a day my dr can no loger prescribe so i start suboxone monday,i am kinda scared of the change .the last 16 months was the 1st time ive been clean in about 17 yrs so im just hoping the suboxone will do the same as the methadone as far as keeping me off the streets and focusedf on my family.thanks for any feedback
Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi gettinoffdones

I have no experience of either drug but you may want to also check out our Substance Abuse and Suboxone and Methadone Maintenance forums - you'll find a lot of support here

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 10-21-2010, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Suboxone

Just went to a recovery meeting last night....was on Subs for 3 years and been off for 2.5 months....It can be a miracle drug....It did get me out of the hunt for pills and with help from the doc into a frame of mind to finally quit.....Stay with it untill you are strong then give it a shot to quit.....I didn't notice it but it made me a drone and let my marriage slip away....Don't be consumed by it take the med and go to counciling to get your head in the right place about addiction......I'm off of everything now and intend to stay that way even thru divorce