Thank you

Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

Well.... first, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who responded to my post about leaving my AS at the shelter last week. I love the way we all love and support each other. Every night, I wake up around 2-3 am and can't go back to sleep. I begin to worry. And, then I begin to pray... for all of us, and all of our family members. Before I know it, I'm alseep again....

My AS has been texting and calling me. I wasn't answering the calls or reading the texts. Just wanting the detach and put some time and space between us to help clear my head. Yesterday, I decided to read the text "in case it was good news." It said:

"So, you're going to ignore me for the rest of my life? I wonder where you got that from."

This told me 3 things:

He has not changed.
He has not found help.
He is still trying to manipulate me.

That being the case, I have decided to maintain no contact with him for today. I have chosen to not watch him destroy himself; to allow him to live the life he chooses, not the one I would choose for him; and to remember that, as a good friend just told me, "he has a higher power, and it isn't you."

with love,
Old 10-20-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hunny
The words that your son texted to you could have come from my own son. They rang so familiar.

I love that "he has a higher power and it isn't you". That is priceless.

I also often wake up in the middle of the night unable to sleep and praying helps me as well.

The reason that we are all here is so heartbreaking on one hand but on the other hand, I am also very thankful for the support I received from everyone on this forum.

gentle hugs
Old 10-20-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tam

my husband said the exact same thing a few weeks ago..
"so your going to ignore me and not talk to me forever, then fine!..see ya later!!" angrily then he hung up on me.

immediately I realized he is mad that he cant manipulate me, fool me, lie to me, have me feel sorry for him etc etc.etc...and I never responded..
Old 10-20-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you. I took this tactic with my daughter ..as soon as I would hear the disease talking..we are done communicating. Keep up the good work!