Codie relapse.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codie relapse.

So, my job at the university is in real jeopardy due to an enormous departmental deficit. Since they usually throw bodies into the pit when this kind of thing happens I am actively looking for work in anticipation of the worst since I'm not tenured. Hopefully, I won't be laid off but it is a very real possibility. I won't find out until December; it'll be nothing but white knuckles and antacid tablets until then. Getting away from my inlaws is not a goal at this point, it would be a perk, but it's not without its consequences especially since we own a home here.

So, the rub here is that my in laws insist that we would be moving *just* to get away from them - I told my husband to tell them that this is about work and they need to get over themselves. So, obviously I have had a bit of a codie relapse when my husband was texted by his addict sister on the subject of a potential move. I told him that he should respond to her. I don't know why I felt that way at the time, I see clearly now that I wanted his response to alter her thinking - and we all know how well that works. Thanks for letting me share.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been there so many times myself. If I say it again in a different way, then maybe they will see how much they hurt me.

(((((hugs)))))

I guess it really is progress though to be able to see and admit our mistakes!

Thank you for sharing!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry about that kind of stress...the job situation is more than enough..don't need the in-laws adding to it!
Geezzzz.

Don't ya kind of feel like..get a clue! LOL

I read this as a success story..you recognized the inclination, parsed out what is going on with you internally and immediately righted yourself.

Congratulations!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't see this as too much of a codie relapse--you recognized that they were causing the feeling and corrected your thinking and took control right back. I'd call that a codie recovery success story!

I'm sorry about the job situation. There are so very many people facing difficulties with their jobs. It cracks me up when economists say that the recession was over in June of 2009. (Which was annouced last month.....so it only took them four quarters to figure that out). Then they talk about the "double dip" recession....well.....I'm waiting for their announcement that we entered the "double dip" in August of 2009 but it will take them another couple of quarters to figure that out.

Keep the antacid tablets handy and stay proactive! Good job! I think you're doing great!

gentle hugs
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody. It is hard not to feel wounded when people warp the truth around their agendas. I keep telling myself that it's the sickness, not mean spiritedness.

The job thing will work itself out I guess. Time will tell. It doesn't look good, but all things for a reason.

Other related issues, today I had to take the step of blocking my father in law from seeing what my facebook status updates/wall posts are by using the FB privacy settings. He's been using my posts to draw inferences (incorrectly) and to gossip. I would unfriend him but I think it would start WWIII. Now that I have removed my posts from his feed he will have much less to work with. I'm very careful about my FB posts because i have to be - I have professional connections on FB - and for him to use what little bits he could for mean spirited gossip has really upset me. I'd like to remind myself now that it's the sickness, otherwise I'd be using some very colorful language...