How important you are to SR!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How important you are to SR!

Each and every share here is so very valuable!

While there are many similarities in our experiences, we also each come here in our own place along the path of life and we really need that!

I have been noticing lately that almost anytime I log in there are around 30-50 members and enough guests to make it so that 300 people are in the forums.

No matter where we come from or what is going on...we need to be able to find others who are in or have been in an experience we can identify with..so that we know we are not alone and we do not walk (or need to) this path alone.

We need each and everyone of us.

I learn from every share I read!

You are important to me!
My life is better because you have shared yours.

No matter where you are at..your life experiences are precious..you help guide me to live a continually better life.

I hope the same will be true for you.

Thank you so very much for being here!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I totally agree ...

I have been visiting here since Oct. 13, 2003 - a day I will never forget. After becoming totally overwhelmed by escalating trauma that had become unbearable ... and having lived for many years with confusion, chaos and heartbreak, I found this forum and my life was never the same after that.

I began to better understand the "insanity of alcoholism" and how it impacts those it touches. I stopped second guessing myself, became more self assured in my choices... and began to realize how it was almost impossible for me to change my husband's addiction - it was too powerful. I learned all the lies, blaming and anger really had nothing to do with me and had everything to do with alcohol's influence.

I finally began to feel some peace and validation in my choice to focus on protecting my family as best I could - rather than engage in an endless battle of reason and logic with an alcoholic - as I finally learned was a completely futile and painfully pointless endeavor.

For me, this was the best place to learn about what other real people living with alcoholism were actually going through - and an opportunity to start understanding the tragic truth and gritty reality about this destructive addiction.

Thank you SR and all those that have taken the time to contribute during their pain and struggles ... may you all find the peace and serenity you so deserve.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

^^^^^ I agree also...changed behaviours in me, and totally changed me...I see things in ME more clearly now too....Step 4
Old 10-16-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amen to that! Today, someone resurrected the old thread (Do alcoholics really love us?) that brought me here.

It gave me goose bumps. And made me smile. And made me say a prayer of thanksgiving. Because SR is one of the KEY reasons I feel like I'm finally on the road to real, honest-to-goodness, looking inside myself, gonna-get-there-someday recovery.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a good thread for me. I have this fear of posting things that might hurt someone else's recovery. I fear posting things other people don't really want to hear based upon my 40 years of marriage with an alcoholic and now a dry drunk. I fear posting things based upon my career as a licensed therapist that might come across as being judgmental. My lists of fears about posting could just go on. I, also, know that in order to have SR help me, I need to participate. Are these normal fears? And does anyone else have these fears?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi acdirito, i totally understand what you mean. i feel pretty much the same, i want to participate but feel i might upset someone, so i hold back, or i think i am being a nuisance if i talk about my problems. i suppose that just reflects my personalty and maybe low self esteem
Old 10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you will find your comfort zones!

We don't shoot our wounded! LOL
Old 10-16-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a sweet post ((((Live))))!

Acdirito and thyme -- you should definitely share any and every time you feel the urge! As Live said, we learn from them all! It's good for the soul, too.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Beautiful thread, all of you. The SR gave me the courage to get out of bed today, shower and live my day. I didn't wallow in self-pity, I didn't cry (much) and I did call my mom and laugh.

All of you gave me reason to smile in this sadness I feel, a real/honest smile. Your words have helped repair my broken spirit. As hopeless as I feel, I now believe it will not last. I will live hope soon. When? No idea but soon. Everyone here has brought me comfort.

I love him. He loves me and the drink. Those don't mix. You've helped me understand that I must love me too. And he must love himself. I didn't cause this. I can't control it. I can't cure anyone. I understand.