Notices

Update

Old 10-13-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hey guys,

I haven't been posting much, but just wanted to share that I've made it to over three weeks and am just shy of 30 days (26 but who's counting )

Though I don't post much, I come to these boards once or twice a day and they have provided a tremendous amount of support in terms of reinforcement for reasons to stay quit. I hope to contribute more as I move into this new life. Thanks to those of you who post on a regular basis and the supportive moderators. Know that you make a positive difference! I love this place!

Be well,
LL
Old 10-13-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lady luck! Congrats on three weeks...feels great....doesn't it:-D
Old 10-13-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you as you come up on 1 month! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you ladyluck - well done!

D
Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Twenty six days is a great accomplishment!

Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
Thanks to those of you who post on a regular basis and the supportive moderators. Know that you make a positive difference! I love this place!
I'm in full agreement with you LL. SR has made all the difference in the world during this current attempt to stay off the booze.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, 26 days is great! I can't wait to get to day 26. I agree, SR is awesome and I am reading posts everyday.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! Life really does get much better without the booze! Just a few examples so far (who knows what's next!):

- Wake up feeling (and looking) refreshed, excited to get up as opposed to starting the countdown for when I can be back to nurse my aching everything

- My huge determination to take care of my body (exercise) and mind (intellectual / emotional stimulation) had returned. (How did I ever start drinking in the first place given this is a default setting? Red wine is supposed to be really good for you....Yar! The madness!)

- Yes, I said emotional stimulation above ~ you know, the kind that most of us tend to be afraid of in case it's of the kind that surfaces big, bad dark feelings? Yep, those have almost completely disappeared, along with the anxiety and feelings of unworthiness. That and the lingering depression. Seriously, this alone has felt like the breakthrough of the century for me. Yeah, duh! Alcohol is a depressant. Brilliant.

- I love that if I'm feeling a bit off, I know it's because of physiological stuff going on with me and not from wine still in my system from the night before or the 1/2 OTC sleeping tablet I took because I couldn't sleep or the muscle relaxant I took because of a sore back from working out or cycling. I'm off it all! (Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I got hangover type symptoms for a day or two after taking 1/2 an OTC sleeping pill and a prescribed muscle relaxant (as directed) on separate occassions, without alcohol, just prior to quitting wine for good! Not. Cool.)

I'm completely committed to this and have been fortunate that I've really only had one BIG trigger so far which was yesterday. Just started working again which was my trigger in the past given a really stressful career. But I recognized it for what it was, laughed about it with my boyfriend and got through it. Other than that, it oddly feels like someone has flipped the drink / do not drink switch in my head. But no room to get too confident. I anticipate continued focus and endurance and work ahead. . .

It's SO nice being back to some version of normalcy, whatever that is, and by that I mean not operating between constantly numb and tired!

(Ugh, I just got a feeling flashback, to knowing that I was getting pretty sauced when my nose was starting to feel, how shall I call it, "drunky tingly"! And the only thing that made me think about stopping for the night would be unadulterated vanity - thinking that if I don't, I was going to be fast tracking my way to having a WC Fields - type nose!) And on that note...

Sweet, sober dreams!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are doing well....