Notices

Amazing Functionality!

Old 10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Amazing Functionality!

The last 2 days I've been craving alcohol in any which form I can drink so flipping bad... BUT, one thing I've realized you become super functionable when you don't have it... Yeah I feel like crap, but you'd be amazed what one will do to keep there mind off of getting alcohol... I've turned into a cooking fiend, a tile and grout cleaner, heck my pet axolotl has the cleanest tank on the block you could nearly drink his water!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hisako View Post
The last 2 days I've been craving alcohol in any which form I can drink so flipping bad... BUT, one thing I've realized you become super functionable when you don't have it... Yeah I feel like crap, but you'd be amazed what one will do to keep there mind off of getting alcohol... I've turned into a cooking fiend, a tile and grout cleaner, heck my pet axolotl has the cleanest tank on the block you could nearly drink his water!
I know what you mean! I have the cleanest house I have ever lived in

I play with the dogs and just tackled organizing my office. When I was drinking my house smelled like ****, cigerette smoke, and stale beer.....NASTY!
The one common denominator in all my relapses was hunger. Now I suggest eating when you have a craving. I'll worry about weight later!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Nice Hisako...keep going. You will find even more things to do the longer you go.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No pity. No remorse. No fear

Originally Posted by Stang View Post
The one common denominator in all my relapses was hunger. Now I suggest eating when you have a craving. I'll worry about weight later!
Strange you should mention that. An old timer at a meeting last week, stated some advice that a previous old timer told him over 22 years ago, that he learnt from one of Australia's early AA members (in the 1950's)...Don't get too hungry, don't get too thirsty, and don't get too tired.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaVallette View Post
Strange you should mention that. An old timer at a meeting last week, stated some advice that a previous old timer told him over 22 years ago, that he learnt from one of Australia's early AA members (in the 1950's)...Don't get too hungry, don't get too thirsty, and don't get too tired.
Yea it's

Hungary
Angry
Lonely
Tired

HALT
Old 10-14-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't responded, actually had a few days off of work and I do not have the net at home...
Now back to the subject, it's amazing. My husband and I have been cookign togeather and spending more "quality" time togeather. Before on my days off we would get a movie and a couple of bottles of wine and I would be knocked out before half the movie was over.
lol as much motivation I have being sober to do more stuff around the apartment.... I'm still failing at getting all the laundry taken care of...
Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

substituting one addiction for another is just as deadly. i know a person who had victory over smoking and drinking and is now dying of obesity and diabetes...so i wouldnt suggest eating instead of drinking....

the problem is that most healthy substitutions make us go, yuuuck! such as munching on celery and carrot sticks when i want to smoke....
Old 10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Haha! The last time i tried to quit drinking, my house was spotless!!! I know just what you mean!!