Notices

My First Sober Day

Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Sober Day

Hi,
My name is Sadie. I live in NY. 31 female and this is my first day without dope in a long time. I fixed for the last time yesterday morning. Last night was hell. Kicking, screaming, sweating, freezing, crying and praying. I've been trying on and off to get clean but this time I really mean it. Every other time was just to prove I didn't "really" have a problem with heroin, you know the old I can quit this any time I want bs. But those were all lies I was telling myself.

I'm really scared and totally alone with this. My best friend in the world decided that he can no longer speak to me because we started down this hellish path together and he no longer wants anything to do with me. His girlfriend pushed him into it and I'm not going to argue the point. But to hear that the other day (which was supposed to be my 1st day) pushed me to use. It's an excuse I know and I wasn't happy with myself. But it's done and over with.

I don't want to use dope anymore. I've seen my friends die over the years and a little over two years ago my ex-husband OD in his car outside of Portland, OR. I never thought I would start using dope again ever. My first time I was 14 and lost and dabbled in it but never got into a full-blown addict mentality. I always thought I would stay away from this. But I didn't. And last year my friend and I met a guy and said F it. Let's party for kicks. And it spiraled pretty quickly. I am more lucky than a lot of people I know. Besides a **** ton of money I haven't completely lost control of my life. And now I need to start rebuilding what I've lost.

I am glad to be here, I am glad to be alive, and although I feel like hell, I am glad to start this one day without heroin.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm glad you're here, Sadie!

I'm an alcoholic, I don't know much about heroin, but I know a lot about how powerful addiction can be.

There's also a Substance Abuse forum that you might post in as well, or read from.

Just wanted to welcome you!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

We're glad you're here, too!

Please read around the site, there is lots of good advice here.

Detoxing can kill. I do suggest you see a dr.

Again, glad you are here. You CAN do this!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR .. well you're not alone anymore my friend , just keep coming back to SR , we're all here for you and will help you through this.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sadie
Welcome to SR

You'll find a lot of support here.
Are you using anything besides SR, like NA or some other group or counselling?

You might also want to look in at our substance abuse forum

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 10-10-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Do check out our substance abuse forum. Lots of support and good information there from people who understand what you're going thru.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

You'll find lots of support here.