Notices

No sleepytime drinking for me!

Old 10-09-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No sleepytime drinking for me!

I had a dream last night...

OK DONT STOP READING I KNOW HOW BLAH IT IS TO HEAR ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAMS lol I will make this quick and to the point...

I had a dream I was at a family bbq, there were so many people there and everyone was drinking. I was hiding inside because it was too hard for me to be around them. I wanted a drink sooo BADDD. I started crying because I was so frustrated. I told my Dad in the dream that I was getting help for my drinking and that I was in treatment. He said good for you I am proud of you. I came outside with everyone and I did not have a drink.

I feel pretty good right now lol here I am having a dream about drinking...the one place where if I wanted to indulge guilt free I could lol and I stayed sober!

I like to think this is a testament to my resolve, I am strong, and I want to win the war against alcohol.

Thanks for listening!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

From what I've read about dreaming, it's the subconscious's way of working things out. An internal 'debate', so to speak, as you sleep. It seems your dreams may be telling you to be comfortable with your sobriety and to cherish it.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
part time member

If your not drinking in your dreams you are doing something right...the subconcious is winning! Yeah...
Old 10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Heh,

We hear a lot more about "drinking dreams" than we do about "sober dreams". I think either kind can be a good thing--at least it shows we are concerned about staying sober--enough so we are thinking about it in our sleep.

Enjoy the afterglow you get from a happy dream!