Notices

Its 7:55 on a Saturday morning, and I'm up???

Old 10-09-2010, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bob

Its 7:55 on a Saturday morning, and I'm up???

I haven't been up this early on a Saturday in a long time.

Its amazing what happens when I don't drink on a Friday night!!!

6 days sober... can't believe it's gonna turn into a week at midnight tonight!

Last night wasn't easy, not by a long shot, but I made it through. Ended up going to bed early upon my wife's advice... which is the best thing I could have done.

Bob
Old 10-09-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Good morning! I beat you by a couple of hours, been up since about 5:30.. but that's because my 10 month old decided it's time to party You're right, it feels great to be up early, clear headed and ready to take on the day. I'm glad you're enjoying your sobriety, I sure wouldn't change it for the world! Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Drunk in Recovery

Way to go, Bob!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I love waking up clear headed and not sick. Congrats on your sober awakening.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning! I've been up since 7 and I feel great. I slept like a rock and I'm excited about today. Though I'm nervous about tomorrow, I'm going to a friends cottage and she doesn't know about my new sobriety. I have a plan to just say I'm on antibotics so I don't have to go into the whole recovery thing, but I'm scared that being around other drinkers will be too much for me.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I opened my eyes at 6:05AM...first thought was "I slept in"....LOL....the cats bowl of dry was empty, something they do not tolerate.

i took the dog for a mile walk and am back inside by 815AM...it is amazing what can be accomplished on a Saturday morning when you are sober! i get a whole lot more of living in these days...because I am not laying around with a headache or sick to my stomach....i've got clean clothes, a high protein breakfast, and chores completed.

Good Morning indeed.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile

ahhhhh nothing like a good Saturday morning . gotta love it :-) but there was a time when i would have been still rolled up like a ball under the blankets yelling at everybody : leave me alone , leave me alone i;m sick . lol but not today , now i'm a morning person and loving it ;-)
Old 10-09-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by racinstalldev View Post
I haven't been up this early on a Saturday in a long time.

Its amazing what happens when I don't drink on a Friday night!!!

Last night wasn't easy, not by a long shot, but I made it through. Ended up going to bed early upon my wife's advice... which is the best thing I could have done.

Bob
Waking early and sober was the biggest gift in early sobriety, and still is! I still have those rough nights where a drink would sound good, but I think about how good it feels to wake up early and SOBER!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ain't it GRAND???

The birds are deafening outside this morning and it's a beautiful sound! Glad I'm awake to hear it
Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bob

It is so very nice to have an entire day ahead of me... and the weather today in Cleveland Ohio is going to be absolultely gorgeous.

I also hit a bit of a milestone last night... I started a fire outside, and for the first time ever, did not bring a cooler full of beer to the fire.

I had no desire to drink, although as the night wore on, I did start to feel a bit depressed and irritable, which is when I called it quits and ended up in bed before midnight. Speaking of, when is the last time I was in bed that early on a Friday night???

Tonight is my next test, if you will... we are going to dinner with another couple. The interesting twist is that the husband has lost his last two jobs (the last one just yesterday), and the wife suspects its due to his drinking. He had this last job for only two weeks, and was out of town with his boss and clients, and his wife talked to him while he was there and he was smashed. The previous job he had a few incidents with coworkers and clients, in one instance getting a black eye and detained by the police.

So I don't think he'll be drinking tonight either! I can hear his wife once they get home tonight... "See... Bob quit drinking!!!"

I know many of you have advised me to skip this night out, but I feel confident that I can make it through without drinking. His wife already knows my situation.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bob you'll be a wonderful inspiration for your friend! Maybe you can help each other in recovery. Hopefully he's beginning to make that connection that getting drunk = crap.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Since I've stopped using I'm up anytime between 5-6 in the morning. I used to spend days in bed before recovery. I was always "sick". It's nice to hear nothing but the sound of my typing. Nice to not feel like crap.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

GettingSoberNow -- this is OT but I have one thing to say about your avatar: Mmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmm!!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I would agree waking up on sat or any other day is great now and it is amazing how long a day is. I use to think my days are so short, but when u start drinking by 5 and stop at 10. Then race to bed so u r not tired the next day. WHAT was I thinking 5 hours of drinking a day= almost a fulltime job (That is a lot of waste life). Now I can stay up till 11 and when I wake in the morning still feel good. living life sober is so great!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Tryin Hard To Think Clear

GO MOW THE LAWN, RACE! Haha - I find on the weekends the monster rears its head under the guise of boredom. Stay busy! I'm pullin for ya!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good for you Bob!! Keep it up buddy