Notices

Two sets of visitors this weekend

Old 10-08-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Two sets of visitors this weekend

Well my sister and her bf and my sis in law and her bf are all coming this weekend. None of them have any idea that I am not drinking. I am not ready to get into all of this with them.
My sister put on facebook, "Can't wait to go to Margaritaville." umm well, not with me.. So I told her that I am not drinking and she said, "why not?" I told her that I am on some meds (which is true) and we can go out to Mexican if she and her bf just have to have some.

I do not want the poison in my house...

Anyway... a bit anxious, but I am proud to be here, be on day 39 and to be able to say, "Hi, my name is Lori and I am an alcoholic."

I am so grateful for this site and all the information, sharing and support.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on day 39! I hope you can stay strong and sober during their visits.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time! It might help you if you're honest with your guests otherwise the temptation could spoil things.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a happy and sober weekend Lori

D
Old 10-08-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know just where you're at. I am nine months sober and still experience situations like this. I recently went to New Orleans with a friend who's a pretty heavy drinker. I didn't tell her until the airport that I wasn't drinking at all, period, and had no plans to drink in one of the biggest drinking cities on the continent. She thought we'd party together. I didn't tell her before that because I was afraid she'd think I was no fun anymore and wish she'd gone with someone else.

Ultimately, she understood though. So will your sister. You've already stated where you stand on it, and that's that. Now there's nothing to it but to follow through. Yes, it may feel different. Yes, it may even suck. There were moments in NOLA when it certainly did. But the pride you feel at the end of it, when you've successfully stayed sober, will be amazing. There will be no stopping you!