Notices

coming up on the 3rd weekend

Old 10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

coming up on the 3rd weekend

Well its coming up on the 3rd weekend without drinking. Starting to think about it already or maybe its that little loser in my headig thinking again. I think I will be ok. I just keep thinking of all the good stuff. Like, waking up feeling good, remembering the night before, no dark red eyes, money saved, clear head, can run over a mile again, but gaining weight(sucks), and my little girl loves having her mom around.

Wish me luck taking up sewing tomorrow night for fun WOOT,WOOT. Well!!!! maybe not saving money spent 65.00 on sewing stuff tonight and might cause a headache tomorrow night LOL
Old 10-07-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Wonderful. You made it through 2 weekends, so you know what to expect. Good luck on getting through the 3rd.

Sewing, huh? Maybe I should take knitting lessons from my wife, now that I'm not holding a beer in my hand all the time.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The alcoholic in your head isn't a loser! Just sick.

The weekends have seemed to get easier for me, and it is awesome that you are looking at the positives.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tryin Hard To Think Clear

2nd weekend here,but I have to work and I also have 2 meetings to go to so I'll be busy!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im also on my third weekend, looking forward to enjoying some family time and no hangovers getting in the way
Old 10-08-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I think it takes a bit of time to adjust our expectation that Friday and Saturday nights are meant to be blowout, get wild nights.

It can be pretty nice just doing something that pleases you, at home, relaxed in the knowledge you don't have to jump out of bed for work the next day and that you won't be fighting a hangover. Or, going out, to find a great movie and go out for dessert and coffee afterward. Or even hang out at the bookstore or something.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and congrats! It took me a couple of weekends to get used to it...but now I LOVE my weekend's...I get so much done! And this is a long weekend I can't wait:-D
Old 10-08-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My first weekend here..but weekend are always easy for me..I was an alone drinker so weekdays were my bad days.

Supposed to be a gorgeous weekend here and we'll be out and about all weekend.

Enjoy yours!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done Fighty! Right there with yea! I took up the legs of a "new" pair of jeans
(6 months old at least, was busy drinking) yesterday! It looks as if a 5 yr old did it but who cares? I am delighted for all of us!
Duggy, stick with it, and you too will be sewing and knitting in a couple of weeks!
Instead of mysterious bumps and bruises, we will have bleeding fingertips from our clumsy efforts!
Hugs
Day 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

By the way, won't it be a nice little Christmas present for ourselves? 90 days!
Ok, ok, ok, one day at a time......
Old 10-08-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had no idea how much time was in a weekend when I was drinking because I spent the nights getting drunk and at the very least the mornings (until 12 or 1...) recovering...now I'm up at 6 or 6:30 on Sat and Sun and I have 2 full days to do whatever I want no hangovers no regrets... and it's blissful!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Weekends were never hard for me cause I drank all day, every day. Nothing special about weekends to me. But... just learning how to get thru every minute of every day without drinking as 'something to do' was hard for me.... but so worth the effort.

Stay strong this weekend. Each time we resist we become stronger and more determined, at least, I did.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The way home was h_ _ _ I don't know if it was wanting a drink, caffeine, or a smoke and drink. I stopped at a store and grabbed a sugar free warrior with attitude (energy drink) and it passed. I was ready to throw in the towel and party down. Thank god my friends did'nt call or stop because I would not be typing this. It has passed and feel'en good and cant wait to wake up tomorrow and feel great.

Oh by the way, the smoke thing is!! I only smoke when I drink and I only drink when I smoke. I could write country beer drinken song hahahaha i crack myself up
have a rocken friday night SR friends!!!! FIGHT
Old 10-09-2010, 02:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, I have been working at a retail store, Friday and Saturday nights, 4pm 'till midnight for 6 or so years now. Takes the wind out of the sails, so to speak. And there isn't a bar worth a darn within 30 minutes of work, so I just head home. Internet a while, post or read here at SR, play a video game and it's off to bed.

I suppose it helps, my weekends are Sunday/ Monday/ Tuesday, days when not too much is drinking anyways (hangover, anyone! )
Old 10-09-2010, 02:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fighttowin View Post
Oh by the way, the smoke thing is!! I only smoke when I drink and I only drink when I smoke. I could write country beer drinken song hahahaha i crack myself up
have a rocken friday night SR friends!!!! FIGHT
This was me too...I had to give them up at the same time because the were both excuses to do the other. I've got smokes so I might as well drink. I'm drinking so I might as well smoke. Shall we call the Dixie chicks? Lol:-)

So not only do I not have bottles all over the place but I no longer have a pal of buts outside...I only ever smoked outside...with winter coming up this is another bonus!