Notices

Day 5 is coming to a close...

Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bob

Day 5 is coming to a close...

and this ended up being tougher than the first four days for some reason.

I was fine up until the early afternoon, when I suddenly started feeling sad/depressed/blah. This continued though the afternoon and after I got home. I had a pretty strong craving for a drink. Also, I seemed to be a bit short of breath, and just not in a good mood. I said very little to my family, and cut grass until dark.

I finally gave in took my first Lorazepam tonight, and it did seem to help, as did food.

This is the longest I have went without a drink for 8 years, which may explain why today was a bit tougher... my body is starting to say "hey you? did you forget to buy beer or something?? Its been five days... long enough!!!"

I had a good conversation with my wife, and while I didn't admit to how many I was drinking per night, I think she has a good idea by now. I want to make sure that she realizes just how addicted I was, and just how hard is has been, and will be, to remain sober.

I also told her about the incredible support I've been getting from SR!

One day at a time... one day at a time.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Awesome, Bob. Great strides taken and this is how you want to be heading into the weekend. Just think, almost a week sober. Great to have the wife's support. Like you, I opted not to tell my wife how much I've been drinking (though like yours, she probably had a good idea), she just knows I've stopped.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very good, bob. it was your body saying I need booze, but you know what it doesn't. The meds will help and eating good food will help with the cravings.When you get hungry the first thing you will want is booze and you won't even know you are hungry. So if you have cravings, grab a snack. I'm very proud of you and your wife is probably breathing a little easier. Spouses have a hard time with all of this but the good ones, they love us no matter what and they are ok with the knowledge that you know you have a problem. Sometimes the gory details are too much and that is why they never asked.
SH