Notices

Heading to the Big House

Old 10-06-2010, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Heading to the Big House

Hey family. Just wanted to stop by and share that today/tomorrow, 8pm ET on Thursday, I'll be turning myself in to serve my 5-day jail sentence for DUI #2. I'm upset with myself because I won't be around for my family and friends, I'm missing work and school, and I won't get to attend the Georgia Tech homecoming game or the Atlanta Braves' first playoff trip in 5 years.

It's all worth it, though. That's what I keep telling myself, at least. Haven't had a drink since that night over 6 months ago, and the tools I've learned will help me immensely while I'm in the pokey. I know that my God has a plan for me, and wherever I am is where He needs me. I'll do my time and be as positive as possible. Hopefully I'll meet some men with whom I can share my experience, and perhaps I will be able to help someone in need. Maybe I will receive some help from someone else.

During my time in the jail, I'll be thinking about my Sober Recovery family. You guys and gals give me strength every single day, and I'm going to be needing a lot of it for this next week or so. You'll never know how much you all mean to me (actually, hopefully some of you do). These next 19 hours are going to be filled with nervousness and anxiety as I count down to my incarceration, but it's only for 5 days. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Great big amounts of love and appreciation to you all. We'll be OK, as long as we keep doing what we're supposed to do and avoiding the things we shouldn't.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have a great attitude snarf
More power to you - see you when you get back

D
Old 10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, excellent attitude snarf and 6 months is great! Keep up the positive attitude and use the next 5 days to strengthen your sobriety, it's worth it!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hey Snarf - good luck to you. We'll hold the fort down until you get back. Take some good stuff to read. Hugs and prayers.:ghug3 Just think: a week from now it will be over and behind you! All the best.....
Old 10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Hey Snarf - good luck to you. We'll hold the fort down until you get back. Take some good stuff to read. Hugs and prayers.:ghug3 Just think: a week from now it will be over and behind you! All the best.....
Thanks for that. That's what I'm trying to do, visualize myself on the other end of this process. If I can see myself sitting here on my couch a week from now, watching some baseball or doing some homework, then I know I will have come out of this OK. So if it's pretty much already a foregone conclusion that I'll be through this in a week's time, why worry about it? I'll just keep looking forward to that awesome moment when I can walk through my front door next Tuesday and hug and kiss my fiancee. That's going to be a wonderful feeling.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Smart! Congrats on 6 months! I hope you time in jail goes quickly and easily. Hugs!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Snarf))) - with you're attitude, you'll do fine I've spent a little bit of time locked up, and though it's certainly no fun, it has served a purpose..never want to go BACK, so I make sure I don't do anything to go back.

I'm glad you're getting this over with.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-06-2010, 11:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((Snarf))) - with you're attitude, you'll do fine I've spent a little bit of time locked up, and though it's certainly no fun, it has served a purpose..never want to go BACK, so I make sure I don't do anything to go back.

I'm glad you're getting this over with.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
I'm pretty sure that's the intention of this sentence, to get my friggin' attention so I never want to make such a stupid mistake again. I mean, it's not like the judge is locking me up for 5 days because I'm such a menace to society that he needs me off the streets this second weekend of October. And this has gotten my attention, there's no doubt about that.

I gotta go, there's no getting around it, it is what it is. I mean, I guess I could not show up, but that would be a really bad idea. I'm pretty confident that my attitude upon release will be, "I am NEVER putting myself in a situation to go through that again!"
Old 10-07-2010, 01:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Right on Snarf, get that crap over with and behind ya, we'll still be here waiting for you when you get out.

Just remember dude, don't drop the soap, lol. Just kidding, lol.

You're doing great, six months, hey, I'm looking up to ya!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can be of help to someone in there, looking for a way out of their misery. You have a healthy attitude and I'm sure it will serve you well.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

6 months sober and 5 days in jail beats the HELL out of the other way around! Hang if there, buddy....let it further your resolve...
Old 10-07-2010, 04:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

While you are there take a good look around. Incarceration is almost always the result of substance abuse. Its a great place to see what really happens when you keep using. I have spent quite a bit of my adult life behind bars. Denial runs rampant, and almost everyone is innocent and worth millions on the street. LOL. Although I was never fortunate enough to have a sentence measured in "days" I hope you treat this time as the "jumping off" point in your life. I can say from experience that it will only get worse from here if the trend continues. Good luck and God bless.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Snarf,

I'm glad you will be getting this monkey off your back. You'll feel better once it's over and you can move on with your life. Just remember you never have to be in this situation again. A step further into your new life. Think of it as a class. "Consequences of drinking and driving." Bring home an A.

Best Wishes to You
Old 10-07-2010, 05:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Snarf, hopefully time will pass quickly!

I will keep you in my prayers and send good, positive vibes to you..much love and comfort to you!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Snarf,

You have a really good attitude, and I am so glad that this has been a turning point in your recovery.

I will be thinking of you, and please check in when you can, and let us know how you're doing.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey man. All the best and just live your recovery in there man and you shouldn't go too far wrong. Try not to let your mind 'project' about stuff and take it all one day at a time (minute at a time if necessary).

Try to use this experience to your advantage if possible. Use it to strengthen your sobriety and I'm sure that it should do that providing you actively live your recovery and keep your fantastic positive attitude.

Remember also that it was alcohol that put you there too. So if you never take another drink then the chances are that you won't ever have to go back again.

I never went to prison but spent time in cells after arrests and I never want to go back there again. All I was thinking about the whole time I was in there was getting a drink as soon as I got out. I wasn't ready for recovery at that stage of my life and still viewed alcohol as my best mate even though it put me in the cells.

All The Best and thanks for sharing mate.

Peace
Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wish you well Snarf.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Snarf, you have a great attitude. Five days is certainly not as bad as it could be. It'll be over before you know it. Get what you can out of the experience -- even if that's just the knowledge that you never want to do that again. Best wishes.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

The guys in the joint are going to be lucky to meet you. I know you are going to help someone while you are there. Too bad they can't put you next to Lindsay Lohan, you could give her some straight talk.
SH
Old 10-07-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wishing you well Snarf.....see you when u get back!!! xo