finally found my voice

Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kia

finally found my voice

had my 3rd meeting last night had to force myself to go but well was glad i did as was much smaller meeting than previous ones and well there was time at the end so i gave them a rough outline and it felt good to tell them all that had happened as had wanted to since i started they were wonderful most had been threw similar and emphathised with me and i also got offered a lift from a woman who lives round the corner had no idea she was so close to me she cant take me as she finishes work sometimes quite late and doesnt always make it herself in time but she will bring me back which is good news will save family having to drive back out it feels so comfortable now been with them and hearing all their stories i think thanks to u all on here and my HP i was guided to these ppl to help me cos i do feel already alot happier cos i know its not me thats been abnormal now that others go threw as much and sometimes more than i have anyone whos thinking twice about not going dont think about it just go cos its like wrapping a warm blanket round u instant comfort xx
Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's fab news Kia, you're really starting to move on now and help yourself, it's nice to see you take a little control back for yourself.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kia, that is wonderful news. I am delighted that you have been able to find some real life support and are getting a lot from it. And someone there right on your doorstep too!

And well done for sharing. It's always difficult the first time, however I firmly believe that I get out what I put in. Or, as it is said in al-anon - it works if you work it.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kia

yep and one day at a time is another one and one im finding particularly diffucult atm is living in the present and not living in the past thats proving hard atm but im working on it xx
Old 10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Oh Kia, this is such great news! You've struggled for so long, now the walls will come down.

Welcome to your wonderful life! Even when things suck, we remember that we hold the power to change them because we're can change ourselves.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kia

i can feel myself smiling now more and been more myself even though im still worrying about him its like thats been pushed to the back of my mind as too painful to open and i dare say i will carry on worrying about him but i think the smiling will be more often too if that makes sense and i still feel the need to check up on him but again its receding back cos im kinda thinking thats his problem now not mine anymore whatevers going on in his life i have my life and i aint got no issues in it other than making sure i get out of bed in time for classes etc which is how my life was before very basic and no dramas in it and currantly im enjoying listening to my music and watching very soon my soaps which i enjoy and wasnt allowed to watch on main tv when i was him well now i can its great i do miss my dog but again i will get over this shes still round me i havent lost her completly all will be well and in time i ca see myself with another puppy not to replace her nothing can but ive always had dogs all alot to look forward and all good
Old 10-07-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Great news!

Now, if we can only introduce you to the concept of using a period rather than writing one, long, run on sentence! You can do it! It's located on the bottom left line of your computer key pad. Below the "L"

Hugs, Transform
Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
kia

nahhhh lifes too short transformie
Old 10-08-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

You rebel!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Isn't alanon great..those are my peep..they get me!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kia

yep they are the best cos they understand and they dont judge u or tell u what to do 3 weeks and they feel like family xx
Old 10-09-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice job Kia. I too spoke at my first meeting not too long ago. It was a smallish group too. found it much easier to speak at that one than the the others I go to at the same place that are much larger groups. Keep up the good work.