Do the games ever stop?!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do the games ever stop?!

So last night I attended my weekly Celebrate recovery meeting, same as I have since I first started attending almost a year ago with my ex wife the meth addict. Well my ex wife stopped going after the divorce obviously because she was using again. .every now and again she will attend I suppose to save face, honestly I don't know why she attends sometimes.

well last night was one of those times. So me and a good friend of mine are walking out and she goes out of her way to speak to my friend and then pats me on the shoulder like hey buddy and walks away. Why not just be civil and say hello to the both of us? Why does she still have to act as if nothing has happened? Maybe it's just me. .

My friend said she felt awkward and wasn't sure how to react. .I dunno some insight would be helpful, maybe its just me who is having expectations of my interactions with my ex addict or maybe she is just trying to show me that she is over our divorce and ok?? I was 100% sure she was using again and now i'm doubting myself that she is. . .maybe that's why she goes sometimes to throw everyone off?? Do these games ever stop?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just last night I asked my husband to please stop trying to suck me into playing his guessing games. Is your ex trying to get you to play, too?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea it really seems that way. .she is very passive aggressive about it ya know. Like I'm not doing anything. .so I don't say anything to her about it because it will be thrown back at me like why are you trippin about it cause that's not what I meant. . .games, games, games. ugh
Old 10-06-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nena View Post
Do these games ever stop?
With an active addict/alcoholic, definitely not.

And always trust your guts, they generally never lie to you, that's why you have them.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well since you guys are divorced and you are on the friend level i assume why not approach her and start the conversation and lead it the way you want it to go. take the games out of the picture and know what it is all about. be true to yourself and if you don't want to play games don't give into it. Your recovery is based on YOU not her. another point i think is very important at least for me is i want my addict to see my recovery from him. Because if i can recover from his games and his behavior he can recover from his. there is hope and the more i am firm with own boundaries he will have to learn to respect them or just don't bother with me at all.