I want to leave my mom, but i have no place to go

Old 10-02-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I want to leave my mom, but i have no place to go

My mom has been passed-out drunk for about 9 days now,and this happens 3 and a half weeks out of the month, yesterday she had court for a DUI and she went there buzzed, and this morning she was sober, i had a conversation with her about drinking, then she started drinking again, and now she's again passed out. I'm just a teen and I can't deal with all of this, I can't stop lying to myself and pretending one day she'll stop drinking and everything will be ok, I want to go somewhere and live with someone else for a while until she makes an effort to get help for her problem, but I have nowhere to go. My friend's parents won't even let people sleep over there, and my dad is working across the country right now. I have nowhere to go and I'm beyond depressed right now, I just want to go somewhere, because I just can't live with my mom alone like this anymore. What should I do? please help
Old 10-02-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. How old are you? No you SHOULDN'T be living like this. Are their any relatives, grandparents, family friends, teachers, siblings that you can contact? Even though your dad is across country is he aware what's going on? You're in good company here, though I am sorry that you are here.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JS

I'm not American so I'm not up on what avenues might be open to you.

In any case maybe I think the best thing to do is try and contact your dad and let him know whats going on and how you feel.

If thats not possible, for any reason, do you have another responsible adult in your life?

D
Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. How old are you? No you SHOULDN'T be living like this. Are their any relatives, grandparents, family friends, teachers, siblings that you can contact? Even though your dad is across country is he aware what's going on? You're in good company here, though I am sorry that you are here.
Hi, thank you for everything, my dad is aware, but he's the only one that i could really live with if he was out here. But thank you for the advice it cheered me up a little bit.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if you are in Canada or not, but if you are, there is an organization called "Kids Help Phone", the link is here:
Kids Help Phone - free, anonymous, 24/7 telephone and online counselling | Kids Help Phone
The number to call is 1-800-668-6868.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i am glad you are feeling better. =)
there are many people who have been where you are. the Friends&Family of Alcoholics section has a lot of stories you could relate to, too.
oh and there are stickys at the top of each section. they have a lot of powerful, useful information.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey thanks, im in the US but i'll check it out anyways
Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizzaayy View Post
i am glad you are feeling better. =)
there are many people who have been where you are. the Friends&Family of Alcoholics section has a lot of stories you could relate to, too.
oh and there are stickys at the top of each section. they have a lot of powerful, useful information.
I'll check those out, thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Is there a teacher at school you can talk to? What about a person at church? You really need some adult help. I KNOW that there are people around who can help. Start talking and ask for help. Hang in there.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here some links to worldwide teen help lines, JS - I'm not in the US but there must be some leads here for support and advice

Help Lines
D
Old 10-03-2010, 05:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just thought of another organization, and this one does operate in the US as well as Canada. I don't know much about it, but it looks like there is a lot of information in their website that you can read. The organization is called "Covenant House" and helps to get teenagers off the streets. Here is the link:
Opening Doors for Homeless Youth - Covenant House

Their telephone number is:
1-800-999-9999
Old 10-03-2010, 05:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
I just thought of another organization, and this one does operate in the US as well as Canada. I don't know much about it, but it looks like there is a lot of information in their website that you can read. The organization is called "Covenant House" and helps to get teenagers off the streets. Here is the link:
Opening Doors for Homeless Youth - Covenant House

Their telephone number is:
1-800-999-9999
One more thing, you really should be to talk with your Dad or another family member first for help.