Notices

Morning Eyeopener

Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning Eyeopener

If you tell the truth all day today, you won't have to struggle to remember the lies you told tomorrow.

"a couple"

"a couple" was my standard reply whenever someone asked me if I'd been drinking. What they should have asked was "a couple of what".

A couple six packs, a couple dozen beers, a couple of hours spent at the bar downing as much as I could, truth is it was always a couple more than I needed or would admit to.

Today, if asked, I can smile and say, "Nope, haven't had a one", and be d#mn proud of it!

How bout you?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

lol
that reminds me of my stock answer when people would ask me if i smoked. smoke what? cigarettes? marijuana? crack? opium? yes, yes, yes, and yes.

the first time i encountered a police road block after i got clean i was actually excited. bahahaha.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good post man. I'm identicle!

Them: How many did you have?

Me: Erm... You know... the usual.

Them: How many is that?!

Me: A few (thousand)
Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by augustwest View Post

the first time i encountered a police road block after i got clean i was actually excited. bahahaha.
Ha-ha, I can relate to that!! Once I got arrested for possession of class A then I was just intensely paranoid whenever buying drugs, I knew if I got arrested again then it would be likely I wouldn't be able to turn it around. But I couldn't stop buying drugs!! Horrible feeling man. I had to quit drinking and how was I going to do that?

Now when I am driving clean and sober with a valid license, car taxed, MOT and full insurance then I almost want the police to stop me!! ha-ha. It's a good feeling living without looking over your shoulder all the time!!

I never really was able to bullsh*t people when it came to my drinking as within about an hour or two I was usually well on the way to being totally wrecked. I would last days with the drugs as well but I was always obviously heavily under the influence. I never realised how much I must have staggered around.

Peace
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The last time I encountered a sobriety checkpoint, the officer just looked at me and said, "Go ahead sir".

Guess my grey hair counts for something, lol.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I got lucky in our area of Texas there aren't any checkpoints in cities or highways. i've had a couple of close calls when getting pulled over so damn lucky there.

Back to topic: I find it just awesome to say "I don't drink."

I love that phrase. And I love to be able to say it 100% honest.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I had enough to enjoy my day thats how much I had it. So selfish. ITS MY TIME TO ENJOY MY TIME GRRR GIVE ME DERRR BOOZE GRRR>
Old 09-30-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EntertheSticks

I am glad my state doesn't allow sobriety check points (struck down as unconstitutional). It is basically being harassed and searched because an extreme minority of the population decides to do something bad. Be careful about the precedents you allow to be set, because where will it stop after that? Give an inch and they will take a mile.

Granted drunk driving is a terrible thing, but that does not mean innocent people should be harassed by the police department, it is absolutely ridiculous third world country type stuff. And the entire purpose is not your safety, but to make quotas, and get the department more funding! Even police are a for profit organization nowadays. IF you cant tell this is a very touchy subject with me .

In regards to your post it made me think of a stupid movie I watched about 5 years ago:

The cops pull a lady over (she is clearly black out) and they say "maam how much have you had to drink?" and she replies "one beer..........After another.... after another.....after another. Thought that was pretty similar to your post.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Twice I've been stopped at "RIDE" programs. Once I was sober for about thirty days, and the other time was the only time I can ever remember only having one beer all night. Talk about lucky. It's a miracle I still have a license.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey ya Dallas...
Thanks for the eye opener...