Notices

Day 3 cravings

Old 09-29-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tryin Hard To Think Clear

Day 3 cravings

Absolutely dying for a drink right now. I've cleaned my kitchen spotless, watched TV, smoked cigarettes (evil, I know...). Just waiting for the wife and son to get home, but man, tonight will not be easy.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi June44

Are you in AA? perhaps go to a meeting or hang out in SR chat room?

It is harder at the beginning but so worth it when you come out the other end. Read some posts on the forums here.

Write down your thoughts in a journal - it's amazing to read back later to see how far you have come.

Hang in there. Each day sober is a good day
Old 09-29-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I'm sorry things are tough right now.

Can you go out for a walk? Maybe listen to some of your favorite music?
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tryin Hard To Think Clear

thanks, oz. i need every bit of help i can get right now. i am just so tired of drinking, and yet it's the one thing i desire the most right now. i know it's horrible for me, and i just cannot go back. but there's something inside me screaming for it.
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending you some positive vibes ,hang in there !! i just ate a HUGE bowl of popcorn and had an iced tea would rather have had a beer but it helped my craving
Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Question Me Too!

I'm totally new here and this is the 3rd (almost day) without any wine. Yes, I am a 'wine'aholic. I wanted so much to join this group and while waiting to be approved, I felt like a caged animal! Funny thing is, when I was drinking, I never drank before my son was in bed and I found myself praying for 'just one hour', 'just this hour' - this morning/afternoon!

Is this a 'I can't have, therefore I want', or is this a physical withdrawal? I do not have the shakes, or the sweats, or nausea, or DT's, or any of the typical withdrawal symptoms. Is it true that it gets worse before it gets better?

Glad to be here. I've checked out the on-line site before but never took the step. It's nice to know that I can speak with like-minded folks.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hooligan

yeah i have the same "i want, but know i can't" going on. I wish i had some inspiration for you my friend. Just stay tough
Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Phormer Drunk since AVRT

Hey Juneof44, listen we're both on day 3. Don't go anywhere ok? Just stay on SR until you go to sleep if you have to. It will all look different in the morning. You won't feel like hell, you'll feel gratitude and relief. You'll feel able to face the day and not like a f****k up failure. Stay strong. I want to see you on day 4 tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there June. You can do it. I found going for walks or even a drive to the supermarket or a park and sitting for a bit.....helped me during the times when I would feel the urge...the time when I would usually be drinking.

Getting support is key. Don't give in. They pass and you will get stronger. That I assure you. Sobriety is the only way my friend.