my beautiful daughter put herself in rehab

Old 09-28-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my beautiful daughter put herself in rehab

I'm so grateful for answered prayers, two days in a row of happiness. This is my daughter's 3rd time in rehab but she initiated this one on her own. She asked me to take her, and that was just fine with me. I loved seeing her, she had been sober for at least three days (heroin is her DOC). She quit smoking cigs a week ago. Her eyes were bright, she was funny, a little irritable. She said she needs to grow up and she's ready to stop this. I no longer dwell on what will happen tomorrow, or the next day, today just feels fantastic!!! =)

C
Old 09-28-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

Thats wonderful. Looks like she may be ready for the program to get healthy. Good for the smoking too.....sometimes I hear its hard to give up choice of drugs and cigs also. Good luck to her and I;m happy you wll have some serenity during the next few weeks....and hopefully for a long time after..Smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WOW, that is so great. I am so happy to hear this. I keep praying for all of the kids and their parents on this site. Some by name, and some by the mom or dads screename. GOD know's who they all are. This is wonderful news, and I hope your daughter gets through all of this. It's so tough on the moms. If she took the initiative to do this on her own that's a great thing. It's a good sign. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER, I sure hope and pray that this is the end of her drug road.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

357girl
Heartfelt happiness for you and for your daughter. I hope and pray that she will take a good hard look at the life she has been leading and decides that recovery is a better life.

My son emailed me last night that he was going into detox this morning. I haven't heard anything from him so I'm going to assume that he is there and doing what he needs to do to detox.

gentle hugs from one mother to another
Old 09-28-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
357girl
Heartfelt happiness for you and for your daughter. I hope and pray that she will take a good hard look at the life she has been leading and decides that recovery is a better life.

My son emailed me last night that he was going into detox this morning. I haven't heard anything from him so I'm going to assume that he is there and doing what he needs to do to detox.

I sure hope so Kindeyes. I'm praying for you and your son. I'm routing for all of the kids to get well on this site. I know how painful it is for all of those who love them, and how tough it is for the addict. I have been on both sides of the fence. It's a horror on both sides.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Wonderful news!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your post made my day and rekindled the candle of hope in my heart.

Happy hugs for you and prayers that this time she grabs on to recovery for dear life.

Hugs
Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My AD is in 2nd rehab..her choice this time too. Conrats..glad you are feeling so good.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I wish you weren't going through this with me, wish we weren't on this forum, so many wishes...I pray for all of you and your children, your family members, the ones you love that bring you back here, far too often. so thankful to have people who understand, who don't judge me or my daughter. I know you hope that I never have to come back, but when I do, you support me as if it's my first time here, no questions asked. God Bless every one of you. <3
Old 09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
357girl

What a wonderful moment that must have been when you saw his email! It's all we have, those 'moments' of happiness, of hopefulness. I cherish them so much. I try to remain hopeful, to have Faith, not just when my daughter is in treatment. It helps.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So happy for this day for you....I pray you and your daughter can go down the road of recovery together!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

357girl, That is Great news! And I am very happy to see YOU are feeling fantastic!!!

I agree with you, this forum is a wonderful place, filled with many who understand!

Hugs,
Chris
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello 357, I've been sitting here and wondering how your daughter is doing. Any news? I know that they aren't really allowed to make phone calls the first couple of weeks. I just want you to know that your beautiful daughter is in my prayers, along with so many others here. Keep us posted.