Here we GO!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we GO!!!

Yep.....could have been a winner if anybody would have been taken bets!!!

Got reemed last night and so did the children because SOMEBODY was uptight.....we still don't know WHY he was yelling and cussing, but we do know what he said. Mostly "f" this and that and go to bed!!!! Well, I had to tell my 8 year old (since he was crying and said that his dad yelled at everyone for no reason) that parents make bad choices and Daddy had made one. I reassured him it wasn't his fault no matter what he said or did....his dad shouldn't have acted that way. (A started yelling at 8 year old 1st) Then I talked to 12 year old and thank goodness 3 year old was asleep!!!

I had a light bulb go off and realized for the 1st time I wasn't tied up in knots worried about why he was yelling and what he would yell about next.....I went on with my evening.....YES I am furious because of the kids, but I didn't do and I can't fix it.

Now A had said he was going to quit drinking for another 30 days since he had drank himself back into old habits.....well yesterday was about day 5......guess what he was drinking at lunch today and Mr. Happy himself when he got home....came in and disrupted the whole house hold....made a phone call....changed clothes.....got on the Harley and left. He is eating at his friends...the same one he told me a week ago was the reason he was drinking a lot again.....ya whatever!!!!

So the kids and I are getting ready for ball games tomorrow and I am giving haircuts......even though I feel a lot better than I did before I started my recovery.....some of the things I am feeling now are scarey because I see that I am going to have to make some tuff decisions.....life can't go on like this......but I can't pay the bills alone......that is a worry for another day.

Blessings,
Constant
Old 10-24-2003, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Another Step Towards Sanity

Constant,

Thank you for sharing - you brought a positive thought into my afternoon by reminding me of the first time I realized I wasn't freaking out or feeling stressed just b/c those around me were.

The beginning steps of recovery for me are sometimes lost in the business of the day. I am glad that you found this one to hold on to and remind yourself of in the (very near) future.

You also reminded me that when I used to think I couldn't do financially do it on my own and I look at my savings account and realize that I have a lot more of a "buffer" by myself making about a 1/3 of what we made together blows my mind.

I would guess you have been paying bills (emotional and financial) for a long time by yourself without getting to keep all the rewards.

Wishing you safe shearing!

Petunia
Old 10-24-2003, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you made the best

of a bad situation. Sometimes, that is all we can do. You made sure that your kids knew that they didn't deserve the "yell fest". That was a loving and important thing to do. And you are obviously aware that his behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable. That is SO much better than taking it personally.
I'm starting to think that if there was a roommate referral service for Anon wives, many of us could find more suitable people to co-habitate with.
Here's the story, of a frazzled lady
Who was living with a very ugly drunk
She and her kids, wanted peace and quiet
And freedom from that lunk
Here's the story, of another lady
Who had found herself in just the same big mess
She was looking, for a better lifestyle
One with far less stress
Then the one day when this lady met that lady
And they knew that it was much more than a hunch
That this group, should all become a family
And that's the way they all became The Codie Bunch
The Codie Bunch
The Codie Bunch
That's the way they all became The Codie Bunch!
Peace,
Gabe
Old 10-24-2003, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

ROFL - Gabe, that's perfect!!!!

Constant, you did great and take it from this adult child of an alcoholic - I am so glad you told your 8 year-old that Daddy's behavior was wrong and that it wasn't his fault.

Keep up the great work!

Hugs,
JG
Old 10-24-2003, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((( Constant! )))) Hooray for you!

((((Gabe! )))) Love the song!
Old 10-25-2003, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks y'all....we actually had fun last night....watched a great movie and turned in early.

Gabe....LOL the song is great!!!

JG-thank you for the positive support on me talking to my 8 year old.....I struggle so with what to say and not say to the kids, It REALLY means a lot that you let me know!!

We have a play-off football game and a tournament basketball game today.....hope my childrens teams win!!!!

Blessings,
Constant