i think i done good

Old 09-26-2010, 02:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kia

i think i done good

well the ex got in touch on msn and was in a bad way going on and on about how he loves me but he cant do it anymore had enough something had happened with the nutty one hes with now dunno what couldnt get any straight answers then went down the suicide road again been down there so often with him but what i did this time was what ive never done before i gave him plenty of opportunity to answer me and talk to me he wouldnt do so i called the coppers and paramedics out to him.Have never done that before cos i dunno if i believed he was gonna do it this time was 50/50 but this time i thought no im not gonna fall for it again and spend 3 days worrying about him and then he comes back like theres nowt wrong i phoned them and passed the problem to them and went to bed they phoned me back half an hour later he hadnt done it they said he was ok hmmm so more quacking i guess but least this time i didnt engage as much with him just said u really need to go get help your in a bad way and u know it and left it at that i feel much better that i did that though although some on here will say i should of washed my hands of him i just cant do that.
Having said that i feel proud of myself for doing what i did even though hes prob gone nutty i did that least he will think twice next time about trying that one cos he knows now i will do as i say i will
Old 09-26-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done - sounds like you handled that one well. By calling the professionals you showed him that his quacking had a consequence.
Give yourself a pat on the back.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kia

thank u free i think i did too dare say he wont but its what i think that counts eh and i know i did the right thing no question xx
Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

for what it is worth, i give you a nice pat on the back too, because you changed the rules and didn't play. well done! you passed the problem on to the professionals....that was smart!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kia, that was amazing work on your part! I was thinking about you from your last post but didn't have time respond.

While your friends are well meaning and obviously care how you are feeling (as friends and family do) they don't always know how to show it in a way that is actually helpful. I just want to tell you what I tell everyone - we all deal with losses in our own way and timing. Get the book I suggested and it will help a lot to get this and at the same time give you something to do for you. People don't want to see us sad.

And your physician sounds judging which shows lack of understanding that you have needed and still need assistance to be a stronger you. Again we all get there when we get there. Do you think counselling would help? I have talked to people in the UK before and they feel the counselling system is good.

BTW, how is the dog? My neighbor has dog issues (which keeps me up) a lot so I know how it can get to a person.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kia

could u do us a fav kassie i forget the name of the book u said i think it will help and yes your right about friends they just dont get it do they mind less u been with a drinker its hard to really understand yes i think i need counselling too will see tomorrow about changing my docs cos this cant carry on im swinging all over the place atm lashing out or weeping or both and the dog im gonna try get an app for her tomorrow shes no better although my daughter failed to tell me shes been drinking a hell of alot of water lately so it could be diabetes which is i hope treatable in a dog so im hanging onto that for now cos i cant lose her as well tis too much will post when i know something tomorrow with that one.
Im beginning to worry mind was it the right thing to do but i wouldnt hesitate to do it again so i suppose it must of been i think my HP was working threw me there cos i just felt i had to do it guess all this reading is sinking in slowly isnt it xx
Old 09-26-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job. Here they would get a medical evaluation and detox but be let right back out in 48 hrs...... usually.......My XAH used the threat as a hook to reel me back in.......but there is a record of it and the A knows you are serious......sick and tired of being sick and tired ......worried.......sad......used.......powerless. ....so give him to the professionals......
Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kia View Post
Im beginning to worry mind was it the right thing to do but i wouldnt hesitate to do it again so i suppose it must of been i think my HP was working threw me there cos i just felt i had to do it guess all this reading is sinking in slowly isnt it xx
There must be no doubt Kia - it was the right thing to do.
x
Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Go Kia!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The name of the book is "The Journey from Abandonment to Healing" by Susan Anderson.

It will outline for you everything you are going through and why and what to do about it. Very helpful. And if you need to chat let someone know... with my work schedule it will be hard to be available except for late night for you during the week but weekends are open.

Have you talked to the other UK posters about meeting in the alanoroom to chat at a set time if possible.?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kia

i cant talk about it atm its hurting too much maybe tomorrow kassie ill put it on my phone so i dont forget thank u
Old 09-26-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good enough, take care it will get better. You are not alone.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
kia

oh i am kassie very much so anyhow im gonna try and sleep now