Notices

Back to square one...

Old 09-25-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The 2nd Amendment Guy

Back to square one...

I think I have posted on this site about 5 or 6 times in the past year or two. I thought I could control my drinking, but the past 2 or 3 weeks I have realized there is no way I can stop once I start. I just keep drinking and drinking until I either fall asleep or black out. I'm tired of this crap. I want out. This is it. Day one starts now.

BTW if anyone has a blackberry maybe we could start a group on BBM? Anyone who wants to start a group or has one just shoot me your pin in a PM.

Jeremy
Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

WB, Pink,

What do you plan to do about your drinking? Have you considered AA? If you're truly "done" with the drinking, it's a great way to learn to live happily without the booze.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pink - Though quitting is hard, I think it's good you've come to this crossroads in your life. I wish you the best in finding a program that works for you. Though I don't have BBM, I do offer you my full support.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The 2nd Amendment Guy

I have yet to consider AA. I'm going to try to just go cold turkey and devote more time to my school work and devote the money I spend on booze on my other addiction which is collecting guns lol
Old 09-25-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you have decided to live a sober life.

I think you will find that stopping drinking is just the beginning, and the hard work will follow. There is lots of support here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, if that works out for you, great. If not, keep an open mind about it. Some of us had to try different things before we found what works best for us.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back to SR Jeremy

It took more for me than simply focusing on work and hobbies to keep me sober, but I wish you luck with it.

We're always here for support.
D
Old 09-25-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back. Whatever you do to stay sober, do it with all your heart and soul.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Welcome back, Pink. I wish you luck as you attempt to stop drinking. I love me some guns, but in my experience they don't mix well with alcohol! Certainly not when your roommate puts an M-16 round through the ceiling and out the roof of the house. Or through the side of the house into the neighbor's car. These are bad things.

School helps me a lot; there's always reading or work to do and that can take my mind off drinking. I've needed more than that to keep me off the booze. I like AA a lot, and SR.com is also a great site. Other people use counseling, therapy, many different methods, but I think interaction with other alcoholics with whom you share similar experiences is vital. Thanks for coming back. Hope you'll hang out a while this time.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
oak

Welcome back!!! Keep posting!

There's several other recovery programs if AA is not for you. But I know people recover without a formal program too. Do whatever works!