Notices

26 year old alcoholic finally think i hit rock bottom

Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

26 year old alcoholic finally think i hit rock bottom

well im at it again trying to quit drinking bn to 2 aa meeting in two days and have meeting with counsler this week sumthing feels diffrent this time i really want to quit i got sum motivation over the wkend bet u cant guess yup another assualt charge and to make it even worse it was againts my girlfriend i dnt believe in getting pyshical with women i dnt stand for it i dnt like it i grew up watching it always said i wouldnt be that guy an here i em that guy that did sumthing horrible wrong to a women im very sorry for what i have done but what im getting at is it starts when i drink thats where im going wrong in life i have become sumthing that i dnt like or want to be anymore my habit has caused harm to alot of innacent people and i cant go on living like this i know its hard road but im gna really try to stay sober an work the programs i have done alot in my time but this is one thing that i wis h i could take back im gna take one day at a time an hopefully one long sober day from now i can be forgiven for what i have done
Old 09-20-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ohiogrown
Welcome to SR

A lot of us have done bad things. I think anyone who's willing to work hard to change their life - really work at it - not just paying lip service to it - deserves a shot at redemption.

I hope this can be a turning point for you.
Good luck in your journey.

D
Old 09-20-2010, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i agree talking an saying something is easy doing it is the hard part i havent even been thinking bout whats gna happen in court what i cant get out of my head is how she is feeling i have shed alot of tears over this an have fully admitted to everybody that no matter what happened i did wrong and i think i deserve what ever my sentence is thanks for the kind words they do mean alot i havent really talked to anybody bout this im embarresed an cant seem to say anything yet at a meeting bout what im dealing with
Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hitting your rock bottom can be good. there's no where to go now but up.......

don't ever forget how you're feeling right now......so you'll remember you never want to feel like this again.

the great thing about life is we have another day to do better....I sometimes give up once a week - but I keep fighting and eventually I'll get to that light at the end of the tunnel! You will too!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are heading into a hbetter sober future.
Welcome to our recovery community....
Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome. just keep an open mind and heart and things will be ok
Old 09-21-2010, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR from a fellow Buckeye!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Welcome,

Words and tears and expressions of remorse will not do a lot for you or for your girlfriend, nor will they particularly impress the court. Don't wait to see what will happen. TODAY find an AA meeting and GO. Are you DONE with drinking? Are you willing to go to any lengths? That's what "hitting bottom" means.

This can be a turning point for you, or it can be one more on a steady stream of progressively worse situations. Only you can decide which it will be.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

yes im done drinking an im going to aa meeting im trying to keep positive bout it an trying to look at it as a place of pain an regret an shame i know all i can do is to keep trying an never give up i have found alot of support from meeting an i advise anybody that needs help to use aa meeting to there fullist once again thanks for the support it is needed