Notices

Friday failure

Old 09-18-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
clear coyote

Friday failure

Hi All, been lurking here for a while, thanks to all posters for the help and education that you have given to me. What a great bunch of people there are on here, especially those who have been sober for some time and post to help others.

Of course I have not posted before because I am not an alcoholic and do not have a drinking problem lol...

Fridays just seem to be a nightmare for me. With the help of SR and some reading, I have really cut down on my alcohol intake over the last year or so. Yesterday I ended up drinking 6 pints of beer (not a disaster compared to the old days) but I feel like death today (no energy, craving junk, making less effort with kids, depressed etc) What concerns me more is my inability to become teetotal as that is my goal. During longer periods of teetolalism in the past my life has improved beyond recognition.. it is so frustrating that I cannot seem to make the final step.. I can see it, smell it, and almost touch it and then woooosh, one wrong move and I am back to where I am today..

Anyways, enough of my ramblings, just wanted to say Hi, Thanks, and Good Luck to all. Pete x
Old 09-18-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pete

I hate the word failure. It takes a lot of effort to change our lives.
I think sometimes we maybe go about it the wrong way too - support is important IMO.

Posting here is a step in the right direction. You'll get some good feedback.

Have you considered any programmes?

I think it's important to realise when 'our way' isn't doing us much good and to accept that sometimes we need help.

I wasn't much good at that myself - I might have saved myself a lot of anguish if I had been....

Welcome to SR
D
Old 09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to the posting part of SR.....

I've found useing both AA and SR beneficial to my recovery.

I hope you will finally quit messing around with alcohol.
It does so much damage....mentally...physically
and to others who care for you.

Yes....you too can win over that toxic liquid ...alcohol
Old 09-18-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pete - I totally understand how you feel. I've been envision being alcohol free for as long as I can remember. How much better my life would be if I didn't drink at all. How much better I'd feel ALL of the time. For me a really, really bad binge last night made me pull the trigger ... now I need to make sure I hit the mark.

The crazy thing is that I am such a go getter and strong in every other area and I won't take s*it from anyone ... but I've allowed myself to give myself every excuse in the book and I take it. Ridiculous!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, cc,

I wasn't able to think myself out of drinking. I used to go to bed at night hoping the next day would be different.

If you find yourself unable to stop, I suggest you try a few AA meetings. Listen to the people in the room share about how they felt, how they realized no matter how much they wanted to quit drinking, their own minds kept leading them back to it.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Clearcyote, hopefully u will find it from somewhere to stop. Although it doesnt seem to be a huge amount, it still is enough to upset you and thats what matters.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
clear coyote

Thanks all for the welcome & kind words

Had a good day today, looked after kids, made soup, walked dog etc.. feeling a bit low right now so plan to go for a run to see if I can get me some of these endorphins..

I have to go to a head-wetting this week (I shall drive) and then plan to focus on avoiding a repeat of last Friday.

Pete x