Notices

Good morning, oh morning of Day 2!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning, oh morning of Day 2!!!

Hello friends! Happy to report that this morning is the morning of day two of recovery!!!

I faced some serious temptation inside my own head last night...but, managed to come home, make some tea, get in bed, read my Bible, some good comics, and fell asleep beautifully.

I feel a bit tired this morning...but worlds better if I had imbibed last night!

Thanks for the continued positivity, support, and prayers!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job!! Day 3 morning sober here! It's a great feeling! I was actually able to get up and make coffee then wait at the bus stop with my kids 2 days in a row. Far cry from last year when I couldn't even get myself out of bed for work. (I stay at home now)

Congrats on 2 awesome Days!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! Congrats on day 3!!! We CAN do this!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Morning Sober People! You CAN do this. And, your life CAN be better. It's up to you. Hang tight to SR. It's the best here, isn't it?!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats to you both! In the same boat here, morning of second day. Still feeling a little tired and shaky. Last night wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be little sleep, little sweat. I know from my vast research in doing this it will get easier in another day or two. I did take night time cold medicine to get two sleep, recommended dose. I know its no the best habit to get into, but the disruption of sleep and dealing with withdraw symptoms has always been a major trigger for me. Good luck and hang in there.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I slipped Saturday after 22 days so I've been though it before. For me it was hard the first 5 days. Day 4 was the worst because I was craving mad. I didn't take anything to help me sleep, just asked hubby to massage me or comb my hair (always makes me super relaxed)...I didn't get much sleep the first week. It gets easier after that. Then 2 weeks in I got a bad cold and had to take stuff. I felt kinda bad for even taking cold medicine. Like I was substituting alcohol for relaxation and sleep with cold syrup or pills. I'm sure I shouldn't think that way. Anything is better than alcohol.

Keep posting and write down you're feelings right now and what triggers you are coming across for the week. It helped me tremendously. Come here and read and post.. this site is incredible for support!

Congrats for all of us!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello all! The day is going well and I am enjoying feeling better than yesterday. Stomach still feels a little ish and I have the AC on full bore in my office...feeling a wee bit sweaty. But, feeling good.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Day 2 for me. I had no physical withdrawals this time, just some fatigue. Congrats to all on your sobriety.
I had a very very difficult evening last night, and am glad I could make it through without any "chemical" help.
We can all do this, one step at a time, together.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats to all of you. Day 2 & 3 were the worst for me. Full blown withdrawls. Shakes, shivers, sweats, insomnia, vomiting seeing faces at night, hearing voices. Day 4 was like a miracle. Day 12 now, and man it's a beautiful So Cal day!