Notices

Made it through the night, thanks!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through the night, thanks!

Hello friends! Well, I am happy to say I finally was able to throw out the rest of the vodka and go to bed last night. I did not sleep all that much, but I have Ativan from my MD, which should help me once again medically get through the next few days of quitting. And, I am seeing my counselor on Thursday.

So, now I just have to get through a day of work and figure out what my plan is tonight. I have a friend who I will be going for a powerwalk with before dinner. So, that should help.

I am willing to try to find a meeting...I have yet to try AA, and, clearly doing the Lone Ranger thing has been spotty at best. Hopefully, I can find a meeting tonight!

Thanks for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers!

RTR
Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds good!

I think poer walks/long walks saved me in early recovery in so many ways.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hurray for you!

I'm on day 5 and day 3 of getting up and walking. I think walking outside, watching the sun come up, watching the joy in my dog is making a big difference in the way I feel. We are getting ready to go right now, I'm just checking in to see what is going on with everyone.

I really love this site, I feel like I have a support group right at my finger tips. I just have to do the work - and getting in shape is going to be part of my work.
I'm so glad you stopped drinking last night. Keep posting, keep reading, keep not picking up.

Today is a new day, yesterday is gone forever, and tomorrow isn't here yet. I'm doing it one minute at a time, I can't get too ahead of myself, it's the easiest way for me right now.

Have a great morning, and again, I'm so glad you stopped drinking last night!

Junior (I feel like the guy from Hee Haw with this name, it's actually my dogs name)!
My name is Mary
Old 09-13-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If Lone Ranger isn't working, you definately should do as you mentioned, pursue a support group. Alcohol is a nasty addiction. I personally am not involved with a formal program but I do have some long time friends that are aware of my situation that are hugely supportive and of course I try to stay in touch w-SR as much as I can. Lone Ranger doesn't really work for anything, for me anyways. Best wishes.