Sharing a resource

Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sharing a resource

I know many here have an HP that is not related to Christianity, so please disregard this if you're not interested. No offense intended. Just wanted to share what is, for me, an awesome resource if you haven't already heard of this lady.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast yesterday (9/9/2010 - An Attitude of Trust and Patience - Part 1) made me think of the discussion that goes on here at F&F on a daily basis. (Joyce Meyer Ministries — Broadcast) It made me think of Barb and Coyote and their recent blessings as well as Summerpeach and Wife2Kids and so many others here who are at the other end of the struggle right now, but who have their own blessings to look forward to. I'm thankful to God for having him guide me to SR. You all are pretty amazing and this place has been a saving grace for me the past few months.

Joyce's style is conversational, down-to-earth, and real. She's a survivor of incest, emotional abuse, family alcoholism, abandonment, divorce, single parenthood...all kinds of painful, challenging stuff. She gets what we're all going through every day and knows how to share what she's learned about how to enjoy life -- about how to have peace, despite your circumstances. I enjoy pretty much all of her broadcasts, but yesterday really made me think of the SR family.

Peace to everyone. Happy weekend.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, it really was what I needed to hear tonight. Helped me shed some tears.