Alcoholic tremors or possibly Parkinsons?

Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholic tremors or possibly Parkinsons?

So, my STBXAW is furiously reading a book for people who have Parkinson's Disease. She hasn't said anything to me about it, but I'm wondering if her symptoms are similar to Parkinson's or if she indeed has Parkinson's?

It's not something I want to ask her about, I'll wait and see if she wants to talk to me or not.

I read online that alcoholic tremors are very similar to Parkinson's because both are a form of dementia.

I keep wondering just how damaged her brain is by alcohol. She's only really been drinking like an alcoholic for the past three years or so, although she's been a regular drinker for about 20 years.

Her consumption for the past two years has been, without fail, a bottle to a bottle and a half of red wine per night, which has an average of 14% alcohol by volume.

This is nightly, like clockwork. I think she may go five days a year without drinking at night like this, caused by either being sick or some circumstance which prevents her from drinking.

She's combining the wine with sleeping tablets and anti-depressants too. It's a recipe for utter disaster, in my opinion.

I'm convinced she has done herself a lot of irreversible damage. She's just changed so much because of the drinking. And she's still in the depths of denial about it.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dunno, FP. I guess it's quite good that she is researching something? *clutches straws*

How are you doing?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm doing OK thanks, feeling stronger now than I have been feeling for a very long time. The only thing I'm finding disturbing about myself at the moment is that my anxious, codie feelings have been replaced by what I can only describe as a burning rage against my STBXAW. I think it is possibly a process I'm experiencing as I'm letting go of her. I hope this feeling goes away, but is apparently quite common in a divorce scenario.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You've seen the stuff about the Stages of Grief?

Kübler-Ross model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anger is perfectly natural. How are you letting it out? Excercise? Journalling? Beating up a pillow?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I take it out on the Pekingese!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BTW, thanks for that link.