OT: asking for good wishes today

Old 09-07-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: asking for good wishes today

Wed is my birthday and i will be working and alone most of the day. I usually take off but couldn't this year. Anyway, I am asking for good wishes through the day tommorrow if you can stop by. Thanks!

I am at times remembering last year when my husband and I were to be reunited and it didn't happen. Our anniversary is in two weeks. He hasn't said a word to me and probably won't, but I will see him at work.

I am feeling a mixture of loneliness and anger. My life has not been what I expected and far from what I tried to make it. Not sure what to think or do at this point. Tried to think of ways to make the day special for me and I don't really feel like doing anything.

Hoping the well wishes of others will brighten it up a bit.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

:day1
Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

::29
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...Hang in There!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I am not a fan of birthdays, and anniversary's. I always seem to dwell on what I haven't accomplished or how things aren't flowing smoothly. Wishing it was.....

Since I began my sober recovery, it is changing. My first milestones of sobriety 30, 60, 90 days weren't really joyful occassions. I always remembered how much time I wasted drinking. I dreaded the anniversaries. I have learned that they can be triggers for some people in recovery.

I am making progress now. It is getting better. During the last two months, I celebrated a birthday and a sober anniversary. I did it with a glad heart this time. I think the difference is this:
I have learned to forgive myself for my past. I have forgiven me for not being what I wanted me to be.
I am learning to love myself for who I am today.
I am getting better at making gratitude lists to see how many blessings are in my life. That always helps to put a positive on a negative day.

Kassie, you are special. Tomorrow is another day to give thanks for you!
Your life is important. You matter!

You are loved here by your SR family! May your day be blessed with love for you.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Happy Birthday Kassie

Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Big hugs and a big Happy Birthday Kassie.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're not feeling festive leading up to your birthday.
I hope you can find even just a little something to acknowledge the day even if it's just a tasty treat, a lunch out, or even a new pair of underwear. Something you do for yourself that's not part of your usual routine. Even if you feel a little silly on the way you will find you feel a little better after.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Alice
Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

today is the first day of the rest of your life.

try and get some enjoyment - or maybe just peace - out of the marker. it is a marker that means many things.

happy birthday, kassie
Old 09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Kassie, I wish that all those wonderful things you wish for yourself, may come true.
That your birthday will open up a new life, new love and new beginnings for you, putting all sorrow, grief and anger far away in the past.

God bless
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Happy Birthday
Old 09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Kassie!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, (((Kassie)))!!!

First of all, I want to say how great I think it is, that you came here and asked for what you need and shared what you are going through. That's fantastic!! So often, we just wallow around in our misery, when there are people who are willing to help, they just don't know how.

I haven't really celebrated my b'day in years. I DO, however, remind myself of what I have to be grateful for, and when I put my heart into it, the list is pretty long.

I hope you do something special for yourself...like was posted above, it doesn't have to be big, but you deserve a treat

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-08-2010, 01:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I hope you find some way to celebrate! :ghug3
Old 09-08-2010, 02:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Kassie! Hope it's as special as you are!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I am feeling a mixture of loneliness and anger. My life has not been what I expected and far from what I tried to make it. Not sure what to think or do at this point. Tried to think of ways to make the day special for me and I don't really feel like doing anything.
Happy birthday! Remember, Time takes time. Dream dreams, make wishes, think positive. The universe will deliver back to you those things you think about most of the time. So keep thinking good, positive thoughts. Get him outta' your head There are bigger and better things in store for you I just know it!

When you are ready to make a special day for yourself, you will. A date on a calendar is not what is important. We are alive and well, and we have many things to be happy and thankful for. You can make your birthday celebration any day of the year. In fact, you should. We should ALL celebrate ourselves EVERY day of the year!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The good wishes are greatly appreciated! I asked for this yesterday so that I could wake up to it and so far it is all good!

I did buy a special edition coffee which is something I used to do for special occasions and I remembered a favorite from childhood - one nice memory of my mother was that she homemade cinnamon buns with all the toppings every Christmas. I bought some last night on my way home from work for this morning - since I have been remembering a lot of bad stuff it was nice to have this one.

I had a great night's sleep for a change! Still waking up but feeling better.

In part looking forward to going to work - I do a lot of good there on a normal day which feels good and our new boss is unusually appreciative on a genuine level with us. No matter how hard things get, she either joins in the complaining or reminds us that everything will turn out ok. She has let know she enjoys our talks, finds me helpful, and a hard worker which she is now trying to help me in putting on the brakes so I learn to stop overdoing.

Let's see how the traffic goes today- the day goes and what blessings it brings to me. :day6
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday,

I had my birthday recently was also the same day my AGF went into rehab that was a tough day for me as wanted to spend some part of it with her.
I got through it and just try to take a day at a time and see what happens, I can't force change in her only myself.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I wish I lived next door to you, I'd bring you a special cake, or maybe this little guy

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8114/wienerdog.jpg

<script src='http://img189.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=wienerdog.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Happy Birthday Kassie!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
I wish I lived next door to you, I'd bring you a special cake, or maybe this little guy

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8114/wienerdog.jpg

<script src='http://img189.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=wienerdog.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Happy Birthday Kassie!
Needed a good laugh this am, will definitely be showing this to LMC, very nice.

Oh and happy BD to you Kassie, there is a Kassie in my home group going through a similar period as you, she's one of my favorites.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote