Notices

Over 100

Old 09-07-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Over 100

Hey all

Was not sure if making this post was important enough but I figured what the heck

Today marks over 100 days + a few days since I put everything down. It has not been easy and the last few weekends have been especially tough. I am also still feeling very very weak to the temptations.

But I am here still sober, with the help of all you.

My next goal is to start looking for some new sober friends. I have lost all my old friends over the last few months as they do not want to hang around with a "straight edge" as they put it.

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for keeping me sober for over 3 months!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there. Nice one on 100+ days sober!! That's a real achievement!!

All The Best, Peace.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great news for you, congrats.

as for your *friends*???? they weren't true friends if they cannot accept that you just choose NOT to drink. I'm sure you will meet new people who are way more interesting and do activities that are FUN....instead of tied to a bottle.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Of course it's important enough! Quite an achievement! Can't wait until I get there! (I need 95 days to catch you, tho)
Old 09-07-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time. And 'boo hiss' to your former 'friends'. I hope you find some new friends soon. Keep on keepin' on.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats on over 100! That is great. Sorry about your friends...that's crap.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on over 100 days. I have about the same number of days. It is quite an victory!
I still at times have urges, but put them aside as you do. Yes, it is tough but much easier than living everyday in hell.

I have a feeling we all will be making new friends. I know I'm in that boat also. So be it, I say they weren't true friends to begin with. Keep up the good work!

Best Wishes To You
Old 09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Well done bcboy, 100 days is great.

I too lost a lot of my friends ( or thought I did) with hindsight though I maybe pushed a lot of them away. Its two and a half years since I drank now though and I reckon that the friends I wanted back are still there. Early days you have to make this journey alone I think though.

I've made lots of new friends as I've slowly taken up new activities with all the new found time. You find your own place back over time, I know for me after 10 plus years of drinking that it takes sometime to adjust to being sober again, not physically or cravings even, just finding things to do, realising that there are people out there that lead successful happy lives without needing to drink all the time.

Took me a very long time to realise that but yep it really is possible.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey BC,

a very worthwhile post indeed! Big applause to you!

I
Old 09-07-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi BC - Ofcourse the big 100 is impt. to share - thanks for sharing and good work! When I make 100 (I'm at 19 days and proud) I will be out telling everyone who knows I finally admitted a problem and did something about it. Right now these people are you guys and people at my AA meetings. Only once since I've been sober was I in a situation where I had to turn down wine and I was very vague about why. But still had a good time. But I do have a couple of friends where drinking is a focus of our activities together. I hope not to lose these friends but find other activities other than laying on the hammock getting too drunk to do anything else!!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You hang in there BC, you have done great so far. Ignore the temptations its not worth it in the Long run, its took me years to realise that myself and gallons and gallons of Booze and hundreds of stinking Hangovers,

I , like most, feel as if Im missing out on the good fun of Boozing but after 60 days without, it feels great being able to function without feeling Groggy everyday. My friends only drink the " Normal" way and can take it or leave it unlike me, i WAS greedy for it!

I try and make Fun other ways and its working!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the good vibes.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

DUDE!

north coast bc Murray
Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Wow I am so impressed... And your other "friends" are Bu**sh*t. I say F**k em!!!!! I'm in Michigan and I'll be your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congrats on over 100 days sober! You're doing great, so don't listen to that old voice that wants to pull you backwards. It takes time to make friends and see where life will take us. If have faith that as long as I stay sober, things will continue to get better because I'll have the inner resources to continue to grow as a person.

I'm trying to be patient, too. At about 130 days sober, I still feel like I'd just beginning to live life on life's terms.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations bcboy

D
Old 09-07-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yeah bc boy!!! Way to go . I'm staying away from my friends for now , too early I. My recovery, and they all drink like fishes. It's funny you tell them you quit and they still say " let's get together and go for a drink" it blows me away that some people just don't get it!!!! For some reason this is not too hard for me , I've made the choice to never drink again , I'm at peace with that . Keep up the good work!!!! Do you work up there in whislter?