Notices

Ok you know theres a problem when your drinking a Strongbow

Old 09-07-2010, 01:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok you know theres a problem when your drinking a Strongbow

Ewwwww... has to be the grossest drink in the world... but its all I have left in the fridge. I am once again on day 1... I guess starting tommorow.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh to fill you in.. been here before. Not a raging alkie but probably one none the less. Is there really varying degrees.. I dunno.

Anyway.. its been a long summer, weve done ALOT of entertaining and nothing crazy bad has happened but I know that mentally and physically my body is taking a toll ( 3 to 4 nights a week with 10-12 drinks sometimes ) Summers over... Im getting too old for this crap. Hubby drinks but its time for me to set the mood. We have kids... I want them to see healthy living.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Good for you Shelly. I can totally relate to the "its summer, lets drink it up" and I also relate to "I'm getting too old for this. lets set an example for the kids". sigh. Yes, its time.

But if you are drinking "the grossest drink in the world" and "you've been here before" then chances are, your problem may be worse than you think it is. Do you have a plan on how to stop? Have you been involved in any structures recovery programs?

Welcome to SR!!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the first thing to do is to get the alcohol out of the fridge and get rid of it.

And, don't bring anymore into your house.

That will you get through today, and you can do it!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Strongbow? No there's plenty more gross than that believe me. I drank a fair bit of strongbow but it was too weak for cider. I used to drink K cider 8.4% and that was pretty dirty. When I lost my driving license then I had drank a 3 litre box of "Westons Organic Cider 7.5%" in about 2 hours - very classy! Didn't feel classy though having my fingerprints and DNA taken though and waking up to the realisation that I had just got nicked for drink driving. Lucky I didn't kill myself or anybody else. All I was thinking about were the 4 cans of Skol Super in the fridge chilling that I never got to have because of the Old Bill.

My view on booze is that it's all the same really. It all tastes pretty dirty at 7.00am. Regardless of the variety.

The only path that drinking took me was down. I know what you mean about the Strongbow though, I used to find it particularly vinegary tasting. They sell shed-loads of it England though. Most people aren't alkies though and don't see a box of 16 as a single session liable to run out. For the last 2.5 years of drinking then every drink I drank was downed in one. I think that was where my alcoholism really took hold.

Grateful to be sober. I'm glad I stopped p*ssing about keeping alcohol in my life. So much better now I stay away from the first drink. It always ended in tears for me. Always ended up in the strongest, dirtiest drink regardless of what drink I started off with.

All The Best
Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Shelly!!

Work your plan...to make it work!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Shelly! Good luck quitting! Day one yet again for me too. It's 11 AM here and I already know what I'm doinf wrong. I'm already stressing about how I'll get through tonight without drinking. How will I get through TWO nights???

I can't stress like that. I can only worry about what's happenning at this moment. And at this moment i'm shakey and full of anxiety, sipping orange juice to get some vitamins into my body. I'm gathering my energy to take my son on a walk. ....but i'm not drinking!!