Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

OT came back home, BF tells me Dolce my cat disappeared yesterday night.. :( !

OT came back home, BF tells me Dolce my cat disappeared yesterday night.. :( !

Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Unhappy OT came back home, BF tells me Dolce my cat disappeared yesterday night.. :( !

Hi friends

Please send good vibes so Dolce my cat is safe and maybe even comes back home... I just came back from my trip and BF says "I have bad news, I don't find Dolce" ..... he swears he didn't leave the door open... and one window's mosquito net was opened... but its a 4th floor, no way she could have jumped anywhere... but she wasn't found on the floor either...

I am beyond sad and angry, and my other cat Gabanna and myself have been
crying for 2 hours now.

Got to leave for work. I am going to print her picture and put it in every neighbor's door. I should have put the cats their IDs!! but, I was trusting BF would stay home and take care of them

She is very very smart but I am afraid of the neighbors, dogs, cars....she is in God's hands but ahhhh man does it hurt ... thanks a lot it helps to vent here... I got some other better stuff to talk about but for now gotta leave for work...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Oh no! I'm sorry TC.

Just for reference my cat was gone for almost a month once, then showed up at 4 am SCREAMING ME-YOW and running around the house. They really know how to survive those cats do. And when they want to get out, they find a way. I tried to keep snuggs in for years, but you can only back out the door with a water bottle so many times, and the kids and idiot AH let him out.

BIG HUGS!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yes I mean the only way out this apartment is by the door, so this isn't giving BF any brownie points. I am printing the picture and posting it everywhere and looking for it at 4 AM...

Thanks I have been reading about their survival skills so, need to trust it is able to take care of itself....... awww shucks, I hope she is with some boyfriend or just around on the grass and it remembers me... BF told me "she missed me too much and went out looking for me when I left" no, I believe he was drunk Sat night (got a lost call at 1 45 AM) and he just didn't notice she left.

He leaves this weekend -or so he says- so now it will be just Gabanna and TC999... ok now I really have to go for now. Thanks transform it gives me hope that your cat got back.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am sorry. B/4 I tossed ex-abf out, he kept leaving the door open and my old dog, blind and deaf, got out over & over again. I had to leave work several times. He was drunk, he just didn't care.

Luckily I found him. Your cat does know where she lives, and mostly will return, they have a great sense of their space.

Keep us posted, I hope for some good news soon.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I take it you've searched the whole apartment, cupboards and so forth? I once spent an hour searching for my cat, indoors and out, calling her name, only to find she was curled up on the seat of a chair pushed up to the table. She just wasn't into being at someone's beck and call at the moment (she almost always comes when I call).

Hope she turns up soon!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks for your comments! I feel better... my mom told me I got to respect her feline instincts... I will look everywhere inside the apartment... once I get back home. I am also going to print signs and I am and sending the info to the local Facebook adoption/protection group.

Today leaving the apartment we saw cat footprints (pawprints?) on the 3rd floor, as if she had played with the plants below so that gave me hope, and also we saw a white cat wandering (that one sat on my BF's lap once when he was trying to fix something on the garden weeks ago). The fact that cat is still around gave me hope about the neighbors being respectful, perhaps because many got small dogs so they are pet friendly.... I'll put signs on their doors......

Thanks again for the tips and understanding.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
part time member

I hope kitty makes it home. We had a cat that twice got lost for about 10 days. I think that she got locked in somewhere accidentally because her little bell on her collar was crushed. Make sure that someone didn't open their basement and then close it up could have gotten in there. Keep us informed.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((TC)))) - oh, sweetie, I hope Dolce finds her way home - sending out prayers!! My cats are indoor/outdoor cats, and usually stay close to home, but Mots likes to disappear, every now and then, for a few days. He always comes home, and I scold him and give him lots of TLC at the same time!!

This would be MY breaking point with ****head, letting her out. Time for HIM to go!!

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-06-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I will say my prayers for Dolce and send as many good thoughts your way that you are reunited. I wish nothing more than to read a note that you have found her in a tiny hidden spot in the apartment where she is quietly napping.

Cats do have amazing powers, I am a firm believer.

Saturday evening I was taking care of animals here on my landlord's farm and found one of the remaining barn kittins barely alive in one of the water troughs. She must have fallen in. It was entirely fortuitous that I passed by her in there. She had a belly full of water and was about to go under for good. I plucked her out. Squeezed water out of her little lungs. Dried her and warmed her with hot towels. I carried her about the farm for over an hour before she regained her own body heat again and was strong enough to walk on her own. I left her in the care of her mother in the barn and despite a cool breezy night outside, she was bouncing, playing, and looking none the worse for wear in the morning. There are angels watching even the smallest of the felines of this world.

Please have faith and keep up the search.

Much love,
Alice
Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

when I was 9 we moved home 100 miles away, we had 2 cats, whilst we were unpacking and stuff, dad left the door open and one of the cats got out. Mum was beyond livid with him. strange area miles from home, as the days dragged by and she didn't return we weren't very helpful.

THIRTEEN WEEKS later, she strolled up to the house jumped on the roof and yelled at us to let her in. I have no idea where on earth she had been (obviously she wouldn't say!).

I also have less great stories of cats who were used to popping in and out and then one day did not return, and others of cats that adopted us, that were clearly well cared for house-cats and for some reason had left home.

cats are survivors, and we never really own them the way a dog is owned. Some are travellers and stay with us for just a while. I hope she returns to you sweetheart, but if she doesn't, imagine her adventures and remember the love you gave her andthat she gave you in return.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

TC, I'm hoping Dolce comes home to you soon. :ghug3

A few months ago, one of my cats got out. She had decided that the garden obviously wasn't enough and wanted a look around. She spent the day in a neighbours garden, being fed tuna while I was at work, trying not to worry about her. When I came home, my neighbour came and told me where she was and I got her back. She hasn't wandered since but I remember feeling really, really horrible at the time, caught up in the worry while she ws sunning herself, being fed tuna! I hope you 'hear' from her soon!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

TC: so sorry and keeping you and her in my thoughts; I hope she makes her way home soon. Is she microchipped or ID tagged? Have you posted any signs up for her? Females, I think, tend to stay closer to home, but maybe post some signs all over. I hope she finds her way home soon! Sending you hugs.

P.s. Check EVERY nook and cranny; cats are amazingly good at squeezing into tiny spaces.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks all for your support. I am almost in tears again and can't wait to go home and start my search all around the area. The bad thing about me now is that I got this bad eye infection and can't put my eye lenses on. I can't drive without them, I feel lost. They will give me my glasses tomorrow but I don't want to wait

Damn!! I am wondering if the cat was not around yesterday why didn't BF looked for her?? I know he liked her but ughhh I will put whiskas and her bed outside perhaps she remembers her territory what I am worried about is the neighbors, if maybe someone found her and keeps her.. I'll print signs now and see if BF can drive me to the Office depot to print her picture.

The facebook page gives me hope bcause there are 20,000 people in there and I read abt useful tips and ppl reassured me that their nature is to wander but it is not impossible for her to come back, and to keep calling her because that is how some cats have came back.

She is spayed and when I water the plants I have let her out, but she had never gone away from my sight. I plan on buying a flashlight and on I go at 4-5 AM when she is super active... there are garden areas where I live so hopefully she will be there killing cockroaches. Its true, prhaps she is having the time of her life enjoying the grass and sun and here I am thinking the worst.

Jen I get what you mean, when I held her I always felt it was important for me to enjoy her because she may not be around for long. I know she is a warrior after all she was found wandering a street. Gabanna is more fearful of the outside as she had not lived in the streets for much time before she was rescued by a dear lady (who rescued dogs and cats for over 30 years).

Now I feel really bad for Gabanna, she is acting funky and looking for her and then BF won't be there either in a few days (that is a good thing in the long run) but perhaps it is too much change in a short time span.. although of course if Dolce comes back we can be back to be the loving family I always wanted.. !!

Now another exercise for me to "let go of the outcome" and remember I have done my best... aww Gabanna is really sensitive, I believe we will be hugging each other the whole afternoon.... gotta go as I need to print my signs. Thanks for your help it really makes a big difference to know you are sending good vibes. Need to remember God, and Alice I lovd that story of that kitten, I am glad you found it !!!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Faraway, I got cute tags for them, but then read they could get strangled by playing etc and that I should put them only when they had the chance to get out of the house. Then today I read they have to wear them at all times! I should have put them on... but knew BF was supposed to take care of them... Impurrfect.. THAT is a deal breaker... and yes this 12 he is supposed to leave.. .. another exercise on letting go, too.

I am sad thinking it may end up being Gabanna and myself only

Thanks for your understanding, all !
Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

So i brought back some binoculars. Came home and was watching the neighborhood. i spot two small girls - one was carrying something gray- it was Dolce!! I run down and when I see them again the girl that was carrying her had let her go.

The two girls tell me they had seen her on one of the neighbor's windows, I saw the cat running to the other side of the complex- I lose sight of it - then a really bad storm starts and I have to get back here.

Now I am writing signs so I will get on my warmest jacket and pants on and start placing them in every apartment in the vicinity. There is pouring rain, the apartment is a mess, haven't eaten and Gabanna keeps crying and me too. At least it has been 2 days and she is still around here. She was obviously in distress Wish us luck because I'm making BF wake up at 4AM to comb the area. I left a smelly whiskas outside. I don't have pics to put on the signs yet but hopefully with my description it will suffice for today. The girls also told me she was stuck somewhere and they found it. WHY did the girl let her go away?? WHY??? ok I figure I am of no use in this shape so, time to put the Big Girl pants on, have something to eat, then the signs, then on I go.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((TC))) - so glad Dolce is still in the area. I pray she finds her way home, but I really do think she will The little girl probably let her go because she thought she was doing something wrong?

Get some food in you, and take care of you and Gabanna and keep us posted.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A work in progress

She'll come home, I'm sure of it. Kitties don't like to be out in the rain, so she's probably holed up somewhere until the rain lets up.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Scratches under the chin, and glad you spotted her. Purrs and best wishes for her safe return.

Ten years ago I had a cat, Tasha, disappear and come home, skinny and hungry, after over a week had passed-- I'd given up on her. I thought at the time she must have gotten shut in someone's garage or some such thing too.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

TC: I am so glad that you've spotted her...chances are she is hanging around the neighborhood. Does she have a favorite treat? My kitty loves treats and will come to the sound of me shaking her treat bag. Maybe also tell all the neighbors about what's going on and leave your contact info with them should they take her in again?

Sending you good thoughts and karma that Dolce will come home soon!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

you might try putting out some of the dirty cat litter by your door outside....she will know the familiar scent.

my neighbor's inside cat once got out...she so was heartbroken and 4 months later we spotted her..she survived an entire cold fall season outside!