Notices

This forum is IMPORTANT

Old 09-05-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This forum is IMPORTANT

I had a slip up last night - "only" two drinks, but still. Also had two beers a couple nights before that. Not a huge deal, but I've learned that that's how it begins. I think it has to do with me straying away from the site. I've been so busy, it's been hard to stay and read. But I'm back! Otherwise, I had not had a drink since Aug 16th.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again....

Many of us had false starts before we
found our way into sobriety.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Slips and relapses are learning experience. They help you learn what triggers you and teach you what you need to do differently.

Its awesome that you learned from it and recognize on what you need to do to help prevent another one.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

The problem with feeding an addiction ANYTHING AT ALL is that that is what gets us back into craving mode.

Two beers one night, two drinks the next night, off we go. It sounds overly simplistic, but the only way to not drink is to not drink.

If you find yourself slipping repeatedly it is time to consider trying something else.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I also believe this forum is very important. Glad you're back and know that being here helps you stay sober. Congrats on that.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ain't that the truth...but you are armed and ready to change your mindset and social situations to provide a strong hold on your sobriety....that is most important.

i find that givng my sobriety front and center attention makes me think and act differently....it's been work, hard at times, but it is so worth it....I don't want to give the impression that I am perfect, but since Feb. i'm running about 90%....funny thing is that what I used to crave most to drink now tastes AWFUL to me....so i am less inclined to even want something that tastes the way acetone smells.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is my lifeline.

I hope you continue to come here and read and learn. There is always inspiration here.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

This place is my sanity as well. I'm glad you decided to start posting rather than stay out there and continue to drink. Just an occasional drink or two is going to turn into a drunk sooner or later for us. I have to make time each day to build up my commitment and keep those urges at bay.

Hope to see ya around more!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I would not have sobriety without SR.

I've worked hard for it. It's mine....not willing to go back to the crap that was my life.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

SR is a fantastic support tool and community to have as well as an addition to a face to face program of recovery:-)
Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you are back and SR has been invaluable to me. The information, advice and support have helped guide me towards a positive lifestyle and to get going in my recovery.

I too slipped when I stopped coming to SR and stopped the work in my recovery. I thought I had it but I have learned that while we must take the steps to continue to live a positive sober life......having support is key.

Looking forward to your continued journey! Keep sharing

Last edited by Kmber2010; 09-06-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: typos as usual....