Notices

New =]

Old 09-05-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New =]

So I am new to the forums. I posted my story in friends and family of substance abusers. I am in a tough place right now. This upcoming week, (monday in fact) I plan on going to a nar-anon meeting. I could really use some support, as I feel very out of sorts with myself, and quite hopeless in my situation. Being pregnant does not help, and I want so badly to be held and loved by my abf, to feel him close to me and to feel secure again. And to not feel like our relationship is falling apart and I might possibly be raising our son alone. We are so deeply in love, and addiction/codependence (yes, I admit it) is so painful, especially at a time when I should be happy and glowing, when all I want is a hug and tummy rub. And I know that all I have to do is call and he'll be over here in 5 minutes scooping me up in his arms and squeezing me and giving me all that love that I already miss so much.
It hasn't even been a full 12 hours, and I have been unable to sleep or do anything but think of him holding me and putting his head on my stomach and talking to our son. To have that taken away, just because of some stupid, evil pill, is the greatest injustice I have ever experienced.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi,

You are doing the right thing for all three of you. You can't fix your b/f--he has to do his own recovery work. What you CAN do is to get yourself healthy so you can be a good mom to your baby, and be a healthy YOU for yourself.

Hopefully your b/f will choose recovery and do the necessary work, but that is up to him.

Al-Anon was a real lifesaver for me when I had to deal with the alcoholism in my partners.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Stay strong and healthy for you and your baby. Your bf needs to help himself so that he can support you and be a good daddy to your baby.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish you and your baby-to-be all the best.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you everyone for your kind words.
my meeting is in 3 hours. i am so excited =]
Old 09-06-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

All my best wishes for you and your baby.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Lizzaayy View Post
thank you everyone for your kind words.
my meeting is in 3 hours. i am so excited =]
I'm excited for you, too! It's great to be with other people who "get" where you are coming from. Living with an addict can be very, very lonely. A lot lonelier, in fact, than actually BEING alone.

Be sure and post back when you get home!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it was amazing, and gave me so much strength.
do i need a liar, a cheat, a back stabber as my one true love/partner in life? heck no!!
i deserve honesty, i deserve happiness, i deserve love. if anything, i should be getting pampered in the state i am in with 43 days (or so) until my son arrives. so that's what i'm going to do. buy baby clothes and treat myself well. because i deserve it =]