Notices

Day 5, doing pretty good.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5, doing pretty good.

Have not had a drink. its funny though it is always on my mind. I find that in the evenings around 7:00 when I would have a nice glow on, I get a headache up the back of my neck and around my head and I get the shake a little in the evenings. I am Still doing the juice and water detox. My skin and my eyes look a lot healthier. I am surprised that my appetite really hasn't increased figuring I just deleted about 1800 calories out of it, a day.

I am Trying to stay busy and not put myself in situations with people that I would drink with.

So, I guess I just keep on keepin' on.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Just a thought...

There is usually an AA meeting right around the time you get those urges. If you are gonna be thinking about drinking at those times anyway, you might find it helpful to be with other people who are living happily sober. I know you have a young child, but if someone could care for him/her, a meeting also gives you a break to concentrate on yourself.

Just think about it--I believe you said the idea of going made you uncomfortable, but in my experience toughing it out on your own is a lot more uncomfortable.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 5 ? Well Done! Its natural to think about Drink, I did as it was a Massive Ugly part of my life, I never thought I'd ever get to Day 5 never mind where I am now ( 52 days ) I no longer think about it so much now but I do avoid it and keep away from my Drinking Pals!

I am really pleased for you, keep at it and keep posting. We all love to hear how each other are getting along without it, life can only get better! xx
Old 09-04-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

So, I guess I just keep on keepin' on.
That's pretty much what I did for the first week or two. What got me through was this forum, thinking about another morning hangover-free, and knowing where drinking would lead me if I didn't quit. Some people make a list of the negative aspects of drinking and read it when the cravings get bad.

5 days is really great - you should be proud of yourself! Don't think about the days ahead, though - just keep it to one day (today) and make that your priority. You can do it!!