a sad tale at al anon meeting

Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a sad tale at al anon meeting

I was at a Al-anon meeting last night when the group leader announced that one of the members of our group (recently seperated) husband died at age 42 from alcohol related disease. He leaves behind a 10 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. The wife was actually there as were both children (in their own childrens meeting). She said she was at the meeting because all the love and support they need at this time was in those very rooms! There was not a dry eye in the place. She said his family will blame her for not "making him quit" drinking earlier.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

How sad. The thing is though...they can try to blame her all they want, but she does not have to accept that blame. Sounds like they are as sick as her husband was.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm really moved by this story, as that could have been me easily only 3 months ago. My husband survired end stage of liver cirrhosis, only over 3 months ago, and is recovering ever since.
But at the time it was happening docs were very pesimistic, and I had to try find peace with the fact he is dieing. And somehow I did.
I hope ypour friend will have enough strength to care after herself and her kids. And as for his family,.... it is just too xxxxxxxxxx to even comment on it. Why didn't they make him?
I'll be sending some positive thoughts her way.
Thanks for sharing this