Notices

Hello, Day 3, and woke up hung over

Old 09-02-2010, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, Day 3, and woke up hung over

Hello, I put a stop to my consumption on Aug 31. I spent yesterday drinking lots of water and hot tea. I bought myself a juicer and started a detox with veg. juices.

You know, I find it funny how I would have no problem consuming 216 ounces of beer over an afternoon, but getting 80 ounces of water through an entire day seems like I will drowned. I woke up this morning with what feels like a light hang over (then again our 18 month old didn't sleep very well).

I drink beer. I drink copious amounts of beer. I have my 40th birthday in a few months and I don't want be good and sober for the rest of my life.

I was very happy to find this sight. The thought of an AA meeting in my town does really make me comfortable. My family is very supportive and will do anything I need. Now it is up to me not to let them or me down. Keeping my head clear would be a novel thing. Thanks to everyone up front, and good luck in all your journeys.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Welcome Different.

There's a lot to learn here and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good luck on staying stopped. You'll find a lot of support and even a program (or two ) that were designed to help you stay stopped forever.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, and welcome!

I'm not sure whether it was a typo when you wrote, "I have my 40th birthday in a few months and I don't want be good and sober for the rest of my life." Do you mean to say you DO want to be "good and sober"? I'm also not sure what you meant when you wrote, "The thought of an AA meeting in my town does really make me comfortable." In context, I think you were saying that it DOESN'T make you comfortable.

It's OK, you're detoxing--I'm not the greatest typist even when I'm not!

Your "hungover" feeling is part of the detoxing. You can expect to feel rather fuzzy and uncomfortable for a few days.

You'd be surprised, I'll bet, how comfortable (and comforting) going to an AA meeting really can be. Lots of us have found it made a huge difference in our outlook about our lives.

Keep drinking that juice--good nutrition will help you feel better faster.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, different, and congratulations on your three days. That's awesome! I can definitely relate to the difficulty drinking water when I had NO problem drinking massive amounts of beer. I even ended up with a bladder infection the last time I drank, I was so dehydrated...so good on you for consuming the water and other healthy stuff. Keep coming back and posting. We're here for you!

:ghug3
Old 09-02-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you have decided to live a sober life.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Hi, and welcome!

I'm not sure whether it was a typo when you wrote, "I have my 40th birthday in a few months and I don't want be good and sober for the rest of my life." Do you mean to say you DO want to be "good and sober"? I'm also not sure what you meant when you wrote, "The thought of an AA meeting in my town does really make me comfortable." In context, I think you were saying that it DOESN'T make you comfortable.

It's OK, you're detoxing--I'm not the greatest typist even when I'm not!

Your "hungover" feeling is part of the detoxing. You can expect to feel rather fuzzy and uncomfortable for a few days.

You'd be surprised, I'll bet, how comfortable (and comforting) going to an AA meeting really can be. Lots of us have found it made a huge difference in our outlook about our lives.

Keep drinking that juice--good nutrition will help you feel better faster.
Yes you are correct I meant that I want to be good and sober. Thanks for your reply.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community.....

Glad to know you are planning for a sober future

Blessings to you and your family
Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Different View Post
Hello, I put a stop to my consumption on Aug 31. I spent yesterday drinking lots of water and hot tea. I bought myself a juicer and started a detox with veg. juices.

You know, I find it funny how I would have no problem consuming 216 ounces of beer over an afternoon, but getting 80 ounces of water through an entire day seems like I will drowned. I woke up this morning with what feels like a light hang over (then again our 18 month old didn't sleep very well).

I drink beer. I drink copious amounts of beer. I have my 40th birthday in a few months and I don't want be good and sober for the rest of my life.

I was very happy to find this sight. The thought of an AA meeting in my town does really make me comfortable. My family is very supportive and will do anything I need. Now it is up to me not to let them or me down. Keeping my head clear would be a novel thing. Thanks to everyone up front, and good luck in all your journeys.
Was it a typo saying you don't want to be good and sober the rest of your life?

I felt hung over a lot during the first few weeks of sobriety. It was annoying, but it passed. It will.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have you tried using rehydration sachets? The type you use when you have an upset tummy.

They contain electrolytes and one sachet mixed with water is the same as drinking quite a few pints of water.
I struggle to drink lots of water and they really help.

xx
Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Working up a good sweat helps clean out many of the toxins in our systems. I do it by working in the yard, shed, or exercising. It seems that I eat much better these days, the food tastes better, so I eat more, then have to sweat it out to make room for more, lol. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Different

D
Old 09-02-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeah, sorry for the miss typing this morning. My 18 month old is teething, and we didn't get much sleep at all last night. I was trying to get ready for work and kinda introduce myself all at the same time.Not to mention detoxing. What a morning! But I didn't drink today when the chance came about. thanks to everyone for the responses.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Different and welcome to the forum - I'm glad you're deciding to get sober. It gets better every day, so be patient with the process and give yourself a chance to heal. I found that it was easier to deal with life after I put the bottle down, and I know you will too!:ghug3