Notices

countdown to 1 year.....

Old 09-01-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

countdown to 1 year.....

Hello all. In less than 30 days I am going to have a year sober, and it's kinda freaking me out, but in a good way. This has been one of the most emotionally difficult, trying years of my life. I went through the dissolution of a relationship, reconnecting and breaking it off again, a serious depression, several moves and a lot of life change. But throughout all of it I have not resorted to drinking. I have been feeling down lately but when I remind myself of where I was last year when I was in the throws of addiction trying to quit, I realize how far I have actually come. No matter how depressed I get now, or whatever, it's not as bad as the devastation of realizing you have wrecked your life and craving alcohol at the same time. Anyways, just wanted to share... I guess the nervous approaching this milestone is probably normal....
Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a certain amount of nervousness is normal, Daisy...but just remember: you know what to do...just keep doing what you have been doing

Congratulations on your upcoming year

D
Old 09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Wow, a year?? Great job! Be proud of all the things you have survived over the past year!! Keep it up!!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your approaching sober year! I too feel relieved and happy that I do'nt have to drink anymore. I can deal with life stone-cold-sober and do a lot better job than if I was still drinking.

Keep on putting one sober foot in front of the other. You'll be ok, I'm sure. Congrats again! :ghug3
Old 09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you. i can't believe it really. This year has been so hard- breakup (s), job stress, moving, depression, anxiety, etc. But, I am triumphing thru it all and it feels pretty good. Thanks for listening!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations, Daisy!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go, daisy!! You should be very pleased with yourself for getting through everything sober - that's really awesome! Just remember to stay in "one day at a time" mode - it makes things more manageable, I think.

I hope your second year sober is filled with new, positive things coming into your life!