Notices

Day 10 and getting easier

Old 08-31-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 and getting easier

So its day 10 which i cannot believe, i have no desire to drink whatsoever. Im in the mindset now, that i can never drink again, and i keep reminding myselft that everyday, and every day it gets easier. I was at a social event where everyone was drinking and had no desire, i dont ever what to hit that low again, that is what keeps me sober. Remembering where i was 10 days ago, rock bottom. Its funny how when you are sober you see all aspects of life in a different light. Loving my sober life.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Seeing messages like these, I find _So_ inspiring! To a non-alcoholic, 10 days is 10 days, big deal. To us, it's like climbing Mt. Everest! Congratulations Mariellen!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Watching the way other people drink and behave at social events has given me a different perspective as well. I try to use their behavior as further motivation to stay sober and wonder how many times I acted like that and embarrased myself. I also find that watching reality shows on MTV from time to time is also a great motivator! Lots of young people getting drunk and acting extremely foolish demonstrating how destructive alcohol can be.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Nice job Mariellen! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Forward is the correct direction....good for you....
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

way to go, I am a little behind you at day 3....
Old 08-31-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Mariellen I read your introduction in your other thread.

You located out east coast or here in the west coast?

Great job on the 10 days so far.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

way to go Mariellen, I am right with you on day 11. I too feel so much better as well. It is so nice to get up in the morning and have a nice breakfast while I plan my day!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Waking up

It Gets Easier

Congrats Mariellen,
I hit 24 days today. Everyone has their reasons for drinking, mine was to escape from the past and reality and I spent 24 years of my life drinking away. In light of almost losing the woman I love, I decided it had no part in my life anymore. Now I feel like a totally different person and I do not miss it at all, in fact it makes me sick to think about it and how I was. I have found a whole new person inside of me and I like it. A woman wrote me today and said the rewards of sobriety are endless. I am beginning to feel it. Keep on going, before you know the days will stack up and you will feel better each day. It takes 23 days for your body to rid itself of the full effects of alcohol, the depressant and irritant effects, Medically anyway, 23 days was my first goal. Now I feel really free of it. Maybe its just a mental thing but now that I am there, I feel like I don't want to pollute my mind again. I had some crazy dreams in the 3rd week, all about drinking and my past. They call them "Using Dreams" and they are very vivid and kind of scary so if you experience them just remember they are only dreams and even though they seem very real, for me I use them as a constant reminder of how I was, and what I don't want to be anymore.
Again, Congratulations!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations mariellen...
and welcome to SR BigJoe

D
Old 08-31-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Great work on your 10 days without alcohol, mariellen! I remember the early days; I was excited and ecstatic about my new direction, but I felt somewhat lost, as I had never really experienced life as a sober adult. I spent a lot of time on here, went to a lot of AA meetings, and just tried to find new ways to fill my time. Luckily I was in school, so much of my free time got taken up by doing the work I should have been doing all along! Keep it up, and thanks for being here.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mariellen, I was so happy to read your post -- good for you day 10 is a huge accomplishment -- you are focused, optimistic and loving your sober life. That will make all the difference in the world. It is great to feel better and know that drinking doesn't make a person feel better, only worse.

Love yourself and your sober world... and keep us posted on your wonderful recovery journey.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Good Job Mariellen! I too am at day 10. And I too remember where I was 10 days ago..or I should say what I dont remember reminds me. Again, good job!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SR Fan

So glad things are going well for you, Mariellen! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bcboy View Post
Hey Mariellen I read your introduction in your other thread.

You located out east coast or here in the west coast?

Great job on the 10 days so far.
West coast, Lower Mainland, your close.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's where I grew up, Mariellen, and I love it there!

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fiona630 View Post
Good Job Mariellen! I too am at day 10. And I too remember where I was 10 days ago..or I should say what I dont remember reminds me. Again, good job!
Thank you everyone for the kind wished, i feel like im back to my old self, i even baked a pie today, my goodness, turning into susie homemaker , much better than being passed out on the couch.

Fiona , i hear you on the dont want to remember 10 days ago, i was in the hospital, i keep the wristband they put on you , on my fridge as a visual reminder of how deep i had sunk. Its a total reality check. I am day by day, beginning to forgive myself for everything, i think that is going to be the hardest part, but its part of the healing process , and must be done.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
That's where I grew up, Mariellen, and I love it there!

I'm glad you're doing well.
Thanks Anna, yes it is beautiful here, there are so many things to do, and believe me im getting out and doing them. Took the family on a 10 k hike yesterday, hehe,. These are the things i love to do, hike, fish, bike , we are very fortunate to have the mountains, lakes, ocean , so many opportunities. Doing these things that i love makes me feel alive again.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Waking up

I will say it is amazing how much different it is when you are truly sober. I was talking to my GF last night trying to explain it but I think unless people have experienced it, they don't understand it. I feel like a whole new different person. It is new to me and I am learning everyday and when I read the posts on here yesterday how others experience the same thing I can see it is a part of the healing process. We are all beautiful people inside. I can honestly say I like myself now, I feel at peace, I think so much clearer and I definately make better decisions, and it has only been 25 days for me. I love this website and hearing all your experiences, It has helped me learn so much about myself and Alcoholism and reinforces why I do not ever want to be that person I was again. Thank you to all of you and I look forward everyday to your support and success.