Notices

Figures

Old 08-30-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Figures

I was sitting here reading some of the new threads, and thinking bout how it's been a good day, ran a couple errands, and no alcohol for a few days now, then I glanced over at my countertop and it seemed to be moving. I thought, geez, I'm not drunk, so what's up with that? Upon closer inspection, I discovered it was crawling with ants, not just a couple, but ants everywhere, in the cubboards, coming off the walls, under the window sill. Agrhhhh

Ok, I cleaned them up and feel better now. It's nice to just have a normal day, no booze, no hangover and ants to boot, lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

ants...yikes!...
Firestorm, I am glad about your sobertime...go you
Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Nice job with the sobertime fire...keep it up. Vacuums pick up ants well.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys,

It's really nice to be sober today, and better yet is that for now I have no desire to drink at all. That's hard for this ole drunk to even write, because I've struggled for so many years, endured so much heartache and despair, yet this time around I just don't want a drink, and feel good about that. Some strange sense of peace has come over me, kinda like knowing that all is well and that life can be full of fun, leisure, work and ants too, and it's all ok. However, no cockroaches will be tolerated, lol. I hate cockroaches so much that if I saw one, I'd think hard about moving!!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Wish I had an aardvark I could mail you...
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Come on Lexie, you mean to tell me you don't have an aardvark, lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

This seems to be the year of the ant in my house... yesterday I mowed over an anthill which was perched atop a mound of dirt in what was my garden last year. The mower got stuck and I hopped off to wrestle the dang thing off the mound, and the ants started swarming up my leg! Good thing we don't have fire ants here!

That ol' crawling hallucination, though, is something I try to hang on to to stay sober. Twice when I've come off a bad bender, it has looked like any woodgrain or pattern on the floor was... flowing...

It really made an impression on me... Every time I look at my kitchen cabinets or the floor in the bathroom I am relieved that they aren't flowing. This brings me right back to the awful hangover, and helps remind me not to drink.

Other weird detox things... I saw faces in everything. On the ceiling, in the carpet... Contorted, pained faces. Weird. And I heard voices. Like a muffled conversation in the next room that I couldn't quite make out. Woo, just got a chill when I typed that.

All good things to remember. Didn't particularly care for the hallucinations.

-Goat
Old 08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Firestorm
Your ants just remind me of what a sad drawn out scene that would have been at my house. It definitely would have called for a drink before, during and after. Congrats on some good sober time.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think it's that honey in your avatar... guess it could be bees.... yikes
Old 08-31-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Firestorm,

I had a similar moment, but it wasnt ants..tho I found some of those on my kitchen counter yesterday..yuck!

My husband and I had a mouse in our bed with us the other night. Scared me to death. If I was drunk, I would have just slept right thru that little thing running next to me, touching me! ewww! luckily it ran across my husband too so I wasnt going crazy!

No hangover is great!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

FS - at least it wasn't due to alcohol withdrawals - whew.......

When Katrina took out our electric, water and phone and put a tree on our house, we left to stay with family. When we got back to the house after about 10 days, the ants were everywhere - unreal........

But I'm with you - I draw the line at roaches, for sure.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you managed to get rid of the ants, Firestorm.

And, I agree with you, that most of us here have been through a lot, and that helps me to slow down and appreciate what I have.