Thank God Crazy Month of August at an End

Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank God Crazy Month of August at an End

August started out just fine--my family, including BIL and MIL, went on our annual two-week family vacation. 10 days into it, MIL became seriously ill, and died two days later. This was a very sad event for all of us, as she was really a wonderful, generous MIL who was embedded into our family life, being she lived next door and came with us everywhere.

When I got back to work, the project manager on the job I'm on told me her mother was recently diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer-- she had to go in for emergency surgery last week, which didn't go well, and now her time is limited.

We heard from a good friend who had visited us on vacation, with his 12 year old lab--the lab had eaten some bones at our place and had near-fatal pancreatitis as a result and had to have emergency surgery.

My DS23 broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years. My DS32 broke up with his girlfriend of one year.

Interestingly, the shamrock plant that was my MILs pride and joy looked like it was dying because all the upper growth just turned brown within days after she died. BUT underneath that old growth were hundreds of new little plants emerging and now the new growth is going crazy! Interesting metaphor, right?

To take it one step further, I also plan to cut the old growth of my ways--I have mentally drawn the line in the sand. I can no longer be a silent partner in AHs self-destruction.

I'm looking forward to September
Old 09-17-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just read this post, SoloMio,
you surely had one turbulent month, along with the whole family.

How is September going?
hugs,
chicory
Old 09-17-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking...

To be honest September seems to be another "month of reckoning." I am currently trying to decide my BEST course of action. AH is drinking a ton. It's depressing being in this house with him--brings back some of those old bad memories of my AF.

Last night he read my Facebook (he doesn't do Facebook, doesn't get it) and he got completely, irrationally, bent out of shape because I had posted a question about suggestions as to where my DD and I should go for a weekend road trip. He thought I was trolling for single guys.. ???? SO, he posted on Facebook, under MY name, a silly rant about how I ask "strangers" but not him.. To make matters worse, he looked at pages of any male "friend" I had, and then for some unknown reason, he posted, again under my name, a message to a CLIENT of mine--telling him to go to hell.. (sigh). Luckily I woke up in the middle of the night and was able to delete the posts, but he's really going over the deep end.

I am looking for a place to stay this winter, but because I have tons of debt from being a darn fool and cosigning loans with him I really can't afford it, but I feel like I have to do something. This is truly not a marriage. So maybe yet another ending is approaching.

Thanks for asking... I'm sad but becoming resigned.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

You may want to send a quick note to ur client informing them that someone got into your fb and posted things under ur name but that u deleted them. Because some people have all their friends posts emailed to them too and deleting the post does not also delete the email. Just fyi
Old 09-17-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry SoloMio,
How sad for you. Not fun having to decide about such major things . I am sure that your heart is heavy.
Keeping you in prayer, friend.
chicory