Notices

25 days clean and could it go any slower..........

Old 08-28-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

25 days clean and could it go any slower..........

almost reaching a month clean and it seems like time is slowing down. I guess that could be looked as a good thing. I am still attending my outpatient program,going to meetings regularly, and talking to my sponsor and other's in the program. I need to start on the steps again, as those feeling of aloneness and being resentful are coming up. sharing is also so hard for me. ughh. this is so difficult, but I am going to school full time and there has been no drama in my life, as of late. what a change. well, just checking in, hope everyone has a good day.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 25 days sober.

As for time going slow... one of the things I notice is there is more time available, because I am not drinking. Drinking takes up time... and so does getting over the ill effects. I may have to look into a hobby of some type.

Glad everything is going well... and hang in there!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yeah, I found that when I was drinking, one day blurred into the other, so when I stopped, I was semi-stunned at the number of hours that actually exist in a day! I, too, need to make better use of them.

No drama is a HUGE benefit of betting sober, IMO. Keep doing your recovery work, and the things you find difficult now will start to get easier.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go on 25 days Pete

Adjusting to life sober can be hard - like you say long hours and no drama was a revelation to me too.

Now that booze is out, I think finding new ways to fill that void (and fill it for good) are pretty important.

Maybe you should run with that steps idea if that's the way you're leaning, Pete?
D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-28-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-28-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats on 25 days. Do what ya gotta do...if it's working the steps go for it.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I appreciate all of the input. Yeah, between school, guitar, home studio recording, and video projects, there is alot to do. maybe too much. getting overwhelmed. Plus, I have to look for freelance work on top of this soon.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Keep up the good work Pete. Strive to make that 30 day mark. I still feel bored sometimes, and yet unmotivated to do anything too productive. I'm getting through it one day at a time, just like you are, and today IS my 30 day!!!!