My heart aches...

Old 08-27-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My heart aches...

My old username was Jansie. I used to be here all of the time when my son first went to rehab 5 years ago. I learned so much from all of the wonderful people here. They laughed with me...cried with me...and soothed my soul for years when times were tough. I haven't been around in about a year....have lurked here and there checking in on everyone.

I'm back today to say thank you to everyone who ever responded to my posts, held my hand and heart...for years...you prepared me for my worst nightmare. My son overdosed and died 3 weeks ago.

It was here that I learned to fill my toolbox. On my son's first night of rehab, I reached out and was told of the 3 C's. I learned not to be ashamed of this disease. Most importantly, I learned to come here when I needed comfort, support and a nudge in the right direction.

I love you guys...and I wish you serenity. Thanks so much for helping me find mine!
Jansie
Old 08-27-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jansie
My heart aches for you, with you....for your son. You are another person who is living the nightmare that I fear most. I am so very sorry for your loss......those words just don't seem to express enough.

From one mother of an AS to one who has lost hers to this dreadful affliction.....

......gentle hugs
Old 08-27-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your tragic loss! Please accept my sympathies in this most difficult time.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am unaware of any words that measure up to or seem appropriate for this situation. Just know that I'm sitting here praying for you and your family.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just crying over my addict daughter and read this..my heart is breaking....
Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jansie,
I am deeply sorry for your loss.
From my heart I wish to thank you for coming here and saying how this wonderful place supported you and helped you find serenity.
Prayers for you and your family.

Beth
Old 08-27-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
Jansie,
I am deeply sorry for your loss.
From my heart I wish to thank you for coming here and saying how this wonderful place supported you and helped you find serenity.

Beth
The night I found out...I thought of so many names...Ann, Loves, Bets, Outonalimb, Cats, Annemarie, Rose, Wisher, Lil....I could go on and on. I wanted to let everyone know...how much I love them!

My heart is broken...and it has been a lot along the way. My son is at peace...as a mom, that is all you want.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry Jansie, but I'm glad you thought to come back here

D
Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh Jansie, I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find some comfort knowing that he no longer suffers. I hope you have a good support system where you are, and know that we are all sending prayers and love your way from all 4 corners of the world - holding you up when you need it.

Much love,
Cats
Old 08-27-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and may your son always and forever RIP.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

(((((((((((((((((((((Jansie)))))))))))))

I am so sorry that you are suffering because your beloved son died from the terrible disease of addiction. Sorrow will be your companion for a long time.
I know, because my own son died from OD in June.
I will write more later.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

It seems like You are getting a kind of acceptance
" My son is at peace...as a mom, that is all you want"
When I am my saddest I try to know that my son no longer struggles w/ depression & addiction. I will remember your words...he is at peace.

The first two months I was in shock and numb. Now the reality is more difficult.
I've given myself permission to grieve in whatever form it takes and as long as it takes.
Hopefully, you have support, help and people who also loved your son to talk to.
PM me if you'd like someone to chat with and want to share your number .

I often think of how my son suffered with addiction, but I try not to dwell on it.
I also try to remember his wonderful personality, his wit, his intelligence, the things he enjoyed and was passionate about, his happy-go-lucky attitude, his love ,the lessons he taught, etc. I want some of those things to live on through me.

Maybe you can share with us some of the things you loved about your son.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I send my condolences to you and any other person that may be in pain over his loss. And my aplauds to you for being so consciece and strong to come here and express yourself so soon. That takes strength.
Your son knows that you were right there the whole time fighting with him. He wasnt alone.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss. It has always helped me too to think of my daughter at peace. Grief is an individual and personal journey; however it helped me to know it was my struggle and not my child's - she was in a good place.

My thoughts and prayers are with you....I'm so very sorry.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jansie, my heart hurt for you when I read this today and my prayers go out for you and your family.

Please know that we are here for you always, to walk beside you and help you through the hard days.

Words cannot say how sorry I am, just know that we are so glad you came back so we can try to ease your pain just a little.

Big Hugs and Lots of Love
Old 08-28-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greeteachday View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. It has always helped me too to think of my daughter at peace. Grief is an individual and personal journey; however it helped me to know it was my struggle and not my child's - she was in a good place.

My thoughts and prayers are with you....I'm so very sorry.
Greet....!!!! I've thought of you and your daughter so much in the past 3 weeks! I've had many butterfly moments as I remember you did as well! My son was doing so well in his recovery, living in a sober living house, working a ob and his program. It was a shock, but I'm grateful that we were talking a lot and that everything was on good terms when he left.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

**{Jansie}}
Sending prayers of peace to you.
How unspeakably sad.
There's no words; just compassioin.
I'm humbled and inspired at how brave you are.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and lighting a candle online....
Old 08-28-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spiritual Seeker View Post
It seems like You are getting a kind of acceptance
" My son is at peace...as a mom, that is all you want"
When I am my saddest I try to know that my son no longer struggles w/ depression & addiction. I will remember your words...he is at peace.

The first two months I was in shock and numb. Now the reality is more difficult.
I've given myself permission to grieve in whatever form it takes and as long as it takes.
Hopefully, you have support, help and people who also loved your son to talk to.
PM me if you'd like someone to chat with and want to share your number .

I often think of how my son suffered with addiction, but I try not to dwell on it.
I also try to remember his wonderful personality, his wit, his intelligence, the things he enjoyed and was passionate about, his happy-go-lucky attitude, his love ,the lessons he taught, etc. I want some of those things to live on through me.

Maybe you can share with us some of the things you loved about your son.
Oh, how I would have loved it if his long-term peace was found within his program and not heaven!!

My son was funny...and had a twinkle in his eyes...and a beautiful smile. He was kind young man and a dedicated hard worker....always there to lend a hand and always had a job. He loved music and played guitar. He fought hard to beat his addiction...especially this year. And for that, I'm so proud of him! So very proud!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I'm so sorry whatwentwrong.