Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

need to vent...I am creative and today I dont like the people at my place of work...

need to vent...I am creative and today I dont like the people at my place of work...

Old 10-21-2003, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi
It's Tuesday morning and I am very very tired, and I am sitting at the corporate dead end job just dealing because I have to pay bills and an apartment to pay rent for. As I've mentioned before, I am a singer, actress, dancer and I am feeling a bit resentful because I have not pushed myself further enough than I'd like to be creatively but that's something only i can change, right? I am in a community theatre production of the rocky horror show in another borough and i did not get home til 1am this morning and had to be up at 6am. Maybe I am just sleep deprived. But I have to admit I often feel this way, resentful to be at work and feeling treated like I am second citizen and not appreciated. Maybe that's something that I've created out of the figment of my imagination, but I continue to feel this way alot. and I can no longr deny it. I feel I need to do something that's why I get involved in some of these creative projects. But it all seems so hard sometimes and I just want to tell everyone at work to fend for themselves and to LEAVE ME ALONE! get it your own self. thanks for letting me vent.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dive

Why don't you change jobs? You can pay your bills and your rent by having a job somewhere else.

Keep your eyes open and try to find something you would like. It matters at the end of the day.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-21-2003, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Diva,
Sorry you feel so rotten today. Ann is right. Maybe you should try to find another job. At least start looking. When you feel unappreciated at work it does make for a lousy day.

Take care.
Holly
Old 10-21-2003, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Diva;

I feel for you....THAT'S actually how I feel just doing the laundry around here....BUT of course no one else can do it to suit me either...

I'd like to remeind you of HALT!

Don't get to:

H ungry
A ngry
L oney
T ired

in other words take care of yourself.....