Elin's interview on Tiger Woods

Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Elin's interview on Tiger Woods

This woman has class. Trying to regain trust is a kicker

Here is her interview which many of here can relate to

Elin Nordegren on Tiger Woods: I Was 'Blindsided' By Affairs, She Tells People Magazine

Elin Nordegren said she wanted to save her marriage to Tiger Woods even after she was "blindsided" by his multiple affairs, but in the end the damage was irreparable and she didn't trust him.

"I've been through hell," Nordegren, whose divorce was finalized Monday, told People magazine in the issue to hit newsstands Friday.

Nordegren revealed that she had no clue about her golfing superstar husband's infidelities, saying she was "blindsided" and "embarrassed" by the affairs.

"I never suspected, not a one," she said in the exclusive interview. "For the last three-and-a-half years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more with pregnancies, then the children and my school."

And even though she tried to shield her two young children as much as possible, daughter Sam, 3, picked up on her grief, asking, "Mommy, where is your boo-boo?"

While she has withheld some details, Nordegren, 30, said she is speaking out now because she wants to set the record straight and also sees opening up as a step toward healing. But she told People she had no intention of addressing the matters again, saying she hoped she and her children could get the privacy they needed to adjust to their new lives.

Despite everything Nordegrean said she has no regrets and is gracious toward her ex.

"I wish him all the best in the future, as a person and as an athlete," she said. "I know he is going to go down as the best golfer that ever lived, and rightfully so. I feel privileged to have witnessed a part of his golfing career."

As all this unfolded, Nordegren said she experienced "absolute shock and disbelief."

"I felt stupid as more things were revealed -- how could I not have known anything? The word 'betrayal' isn't strong enough. I felt embarrassed for having been so deceived. I felt betrayed by many people around me," she said.

Even so, she wanted the marriage to work.

"Initially, I thought we had a chance, and we tried really hard," she said.

And although she wanted her children to have a family, she decided that it was better to split up.

"I am now going to do my very best to show them that alone and happy is better than being in a relationship where there is no trust," she said.

She described the past nine months as an "emotional roller coaster."

She lost sleep, weight, and even some of her hair. In an effort to avoid the constant coverage of her marriage, she watched virtually no television. But said she found the parodies of herself on Saturday Night Live and South Park "pretty hysterical," even if "totally untrue."

While she admits the money will make things easier, she told People: "Money can't buy happiness. Or put my family back together."

"I loved him, we had so much fun and I felt safe with him," she said.

Her healing has involved intensive therapy, and the help and support of family and friends. She kept a journal to document her feelings and to her release anger and frustration.

But she credited her children with being the reason she made it through the disintegration of her marriage.

A psychology student, Nordegren said she went through the classic stages of grief.

The final stage is forgiveness. She can't forgive her ex-husband just yet, but says she's working on it.

"I know I will have to come to forgiveness and acceptance of what has happened for me to go on and be happy in the future," she said. "And I know I will get there eventually."

Nordegren is excited about her future, and also expects to date again, but not for a long while.

"I believe in love because I've seen it," she said. "I've been there."

Elin Nordegren Opens Up About Tiger Woods' Affairs and Their Divorce in People Magazine - ABC News
Old 08-25-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I think Tiger is addicted to something...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I think Tiger is addicted to something...
golf? ;-)
Old 08-25-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

She has handled this with grace, poise and dignity. I remember back when all this was hitting the evening news I saw this clip of tiger saying that what he had been through was horrible. I bout fell outa my chair and yelled at the TV what about what Elin is going through?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The cheater is still in a fog once they are caught and it's common to blame, excuse and make it all about them.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Interesting on how fast this divorce was finalized. While many of us struggle with that process for several years just to get it done! Once a cheater, always a cheater!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't believe that Isurvived. I cheated and who I am now is not capable of that.
I am not feeling sorry for Tiger but he has suffered huge losses and I am not talking about money.
The loss of such an incredible lady, her innocence and purity towards marriage, their broken home with the children split, public humiliation, a taint forever on his name, etc.
This could be a priceless lesson.

It's allover sad, I think.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I think it's unfair to say that once a cheater always a cheater. People cheat for a myriad of reasons.

In this case however, he seems to have a err..a passion for spreading his "affection" around.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

like and addiction, SW?
Old 08-26-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by isurvived View Post
Interesting on how fast this divorce was finalized. While many of us struggle with that process for several years just to get it done! Once a cheater, always a cheater!
not true.....I cheated on my ex from 10 yrs ago and paid a heavy price of a broken spirit. It took me therapy and many years to recover from my immature and hurtful actions.
I will never cheat again and many cheaters (unless they have personality disorders such as Tiger) feel the same way.
Humans err and we repent
Old 08-26-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live View Post
I don't believe that Isurvived. I cheated and who I am now is not capable of that.
I am not feeling sorry for Tiger but he has suffered huge losses and I am not talking about money.
The loss of such an incredible lady, her innocence and purity towards marriage, their broken home with the children split, public humiliation, a taint forever on his name, etc.
This could be a priceless lesson.

It's allover sad, I think.
ok, yes, only read this after I posted.

Some people become better people after they cheat. My ex just cheated on me and I do hope he sees what a great woman he lost.
I also hope he recovers to never do this again
Old 08-26-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I think it's unfair to say that once a cheater always a cheater. People cheat for a myriad of reasons.

In this case however, he seems to have a err..a passion for spreading his "affection" around.

LOL He is a guy. 'Nuff said. He just did not yield to his urges, nor care about the one that he was commited to. He should have never got married, and just <censored> his brains out. Once you are commited you are commited.

If he was "cut-off", then get counseling and fix the issues, if it is the most important thing to him, and it cannot be fixed then get divorced and go balls to the walls (no pun intended), just get snipitty snip first!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am offended by the blowing the................out.

I have known many men who have never cheated and many women who have.

suicide is a real thing around here.
Some of us have lost loved ones.

Some of us have cheated, some of us have been cheated on.

I fit in all the castegories that I have couched as "some of us"
Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Actually I am going to say it outright:

My son shot himself in the head.
That post gave me a sick in the stomach clenching feeling
and brought tears to my eyes.
I feel like I could hurl to hear someone on a help site speak so callously.

This is a safe place for me.
Please help keep it that way.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Can we end the gossip and go on with our regularly scheduled program of recovery?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Personally, I find Pie Rat's posting extremely crass and in very poor taste.

I read "and just...his brains out" to mean of a sexual matter. However, it points to how easily the written word can trigger another person emotionally.

I hope you are alright Live?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

money

Originally Posted by isurvived View Post
MONEY MONEY MONEY. I had to laugh at all those that said oh they'll never get divorced or his game won't go down. Even though she only got a piddly 100 million she did alright. Far cry from the 750 million everyone was talking about.

Sometimes I wonder if the drugs tiger was doing including a good possibility he was using steroids or performance enhancers that might account for his insomnia and sex drive.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You know....I am sure I did misread it.

I have asked the mods to close this thread...nothing good is coming from it.

thank you, Gerry!
I have a feeling I am going to have a heart wrenching sobbing cry.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

What did I say about suicide???

Sorry if my post offended, but it also was taking the wrong way.

blow would not be a censored word. It was used instead of another 4 letter word.

So sorry it was interpreted as something else than what it was meant to be.

Oh by the way gerry. That was part of the point of that post, was the arrogance and crass Tiger displayed.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

ekkk, no one was trying to hurt anyone.

It's about Elin and her strength and how people can heal from such a emotional devastating act