Notices

Reality Smacked Me In The Head

Old 08-24-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reality Smacked Me In The Head

Hi ya all, I have been lurking on this site since Monday night,ok,so this is only Tuesday but here goes...

Last week I was really having trouble feeling jittery and over all not well,So when I totally lost it Friday morning,I headed off to the doctors. The doctor felt I had IBS/panic attacks/depression and started me on Wellbutrin,and .25mg of xanax AS NEEDED. Ok fair enough, I can accept that,after all,who can have IBS-D and not be a little depressed??:rotfxko
I got the script filled Friday and started taking them,stomach was still not feeling all that great,but I made it though the day and even had some energy to do things.I had read you shouldn't drink while taking this med,so,,sure,no problem (haha)

Saturday,things were nasty,bad stomach cramps,jittery,all in all,feeling like a big ball of suck. I made dinner since I knew I had to eat something,and forced myself to eat. Did help a little,then came bedtime,stomach was so crampy and felt like it was on fire,so i decided to try the .25mg X and off to bed.

Onto Sunday (yes,I'm going to write a book here,lol) Sunday morning was great..felt good found myself doing things I had put off doing cause they just didn't matter to me before. Had a great day,come the evening I thought,hmm, I think I will have a beer,one beer cant hurt with the wellbutrin,and true,I lived though the one,afterwards though I was thinking,WHY,I didn't NEED a beer,didn't really WANT one,was kind of a Sunday evening HABIT drank that one and figured,ahh,don't want another and left well enough alone. But did take the .25X to go to sleep.

Monday,the AH-HA day,Got up(4am) went back to sleep on and off for a few hours,with the dull stomach cramps. By 9am,I take my Wellbutrin and got on with the day,was doing rather well till about noon,then I started to feel sick again. Since the meds decrease your appetite,I forced myself to make some spegetti so I would have something for dinner (Im not a big eater to start)
From about 1:45p-5p, I had the same horrific burning stomach cramps again,and felt sooo crappy!! By 5:08 (yes I take notes) I gave in and took .25 of the xanax,still thinking this was some reaction to the new meds...then,around 630p,I was on the phone talking to a friend who just happened to say they were having a beer,there I go,heading to the fridge,figuring,wtf,I feel like **** anyways,strange thing was...as I was opening the beer, I was joking to this friend,"ohhh maybe Im just going thru beer withdraw" opened the beer about the time I finished that sentence,and looked at it going..uh oh,maybe it wasn't a joke I dumped it out and got online and found you all. What I was reading seemed to make sense,I was use to drinking about everynight...the *usual* 3-4 maybe more a night beers,to *calm* me.few days off here and there,but that was about it.
I read just about every post here lastnight as I was hoping my stomach would settle,hit the bed again with the help of the X.

So,here we are,Tuesday (see, Im about done) Slept on and off,not all bad,but was feeling those annoying stomach cramps/burning. Had my normal coffee and thought about all this and before taking the Wellbutrin,I called the doc,I wanted to ask her thoughts on this. She was suppose to call me back but hasnt yet. I have passed on the Wellbutrin for today,and just have been drinking water,forcing myself to eat,and right now,OJ,which seems rather tasty. Still not feeling great,but,isnt no worse than a hangover. Im going to hope the doc returns my call,but,regardless,I have had it with drinking! Who needs to feel like this when you don't have a few beers.

Think I will have a few more crappy days,but it can only get better.

Thoughts?? Input?? Are you still awake after reading this?? LOL
Old 08-24-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I'm glad you realized that you were in fact having withdraws. Its a really surreal thing isnt it? When you realize wow, holy cow, I DID drink that much! Be careful with the x. It can be habit forming as well. Hope your doc gets back to you soon! And welcome!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome! I will say it was a eye opener,YES, I did drink THAT much and now my body is telling me that. Time for me to listen!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well Tofls, you're quite a story teller! Sounds like you have alot going on, but glad you had that *wow* moment with the drinking. You'll find lots of encouraging reading here. Keep with it!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi tofls

Welcome.

Yeah I encourage you to revisit with your doc and be open about your drinking - it will probably have some bearing on the treatments you've been given.

You'll find a lot of support here - see you round

D
Old 08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I have tried to talk to the Doc today,but it seems as if shes not going to call back today.Guess I will have to call again tomorrow. I was going to be straight up with her today,so much that each time the phone here rang, I was going..well here comes the truth time.
Damn docs!
I will get a hold of her,cause I have to figure out what to do about the wellbutrin,I already know what to do about the beer.